Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Val: Disappointing food

Disappointing food

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

The food on the Thomson Dream was not up to the Thomson standard. The breakfast choice was excellent but cold, even the porridge was lumpy and lukewarm. I travelled with three friends who were cruising for the first time, and they were disappointed at the meals. Had I been vegetarian I would have been well catered for, but as I didn't like pasta, or pork the food was very limited. The only choice of potatos was roasties or chips. Lunch and evening meals were never hot apart from the soup. There were burgers, chinese meals and jacket potatos outside, but as nothing had covers on it, they weren't protected from the flies.

Even the afternoon tea was not up to the usual standard. Too many biscuits, and spicy sandwiches. This is the first Thomson cruise I have lost weight on. Another thing is on our last day, we were on the last flight leaving the ship at 4.55pm, we had to be out of the cabins by 8.00am, and there was nothing to do.

Entertainment and deck activities were More first class as usual, we didn't go on any tours, but taxi fares in Morocco and Cassablanca were too expensive and had Thomson provided a shuttle bus in these ports and charged to cover their expenses then more people would have gone ashore.

I was very pleased with my cabin, though the cabin steward disn't introduce himself and I didn't see much of him.

I was annoyed at the speed in which the tables were cleared in the resaturants Sometimes I was on my own I put a tray of food down, went to get a drink came back to find my food had been cleared, and I had to start again. Surely a tray of food with clean cutlery obviously hasn't been touched.The waiters were very polite and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The choice of dessert was very poor the small cakes were the same every day. The only time we had decent ice cream was in Sirens, in the Lido and on Deck 11 it was sorbet, very watery and only served until 3 pm each day. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 5168

My cabin was on Deck 5/6. I was in a standard outside cabin which suited my needs and I was impressed by the size of it. I was very comfortable

I cannot fault the port, the staff were efficient, when we were handed our cabin numbers I was told I was only 4/5 cabins away from my friends as it turned out I was in fact 27 cabins away