Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by airjar: Pleasantly surprised!

airjar
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pleasantly surprised!

Sail Date: June 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our first sail on Carnival and after hearing negative comments of a "no-frills", poor service, low class reputation, I was completely surprised with my Carnival experience. We have sailed on the Disney ships and Royal Caribbean before and were honestly scared to go on this trip. We left out of New York on a beautiful day on the Carnival Miracle. Granted the ship did not have the ice skating rink, rock climbing wall or flo rider but my kids 17 and 19 had a blast anyway. They had an inside cabin for the first time and loved being able to sleep in the room because there was absolutely no light coming in. There was plenty of closet and cabinet space too. My room was a grand suite which I have to say was the best cabin I ever had. The balcony was long with two lounge chairs, two upright chairs and a small table with still more room. Bathroom was beautiful and room large. Loved it!

Service was great all around, cabin steward and all in the dining room. The food in the More dining room was better than the other cruises we have been on. Wasn't crazy about the buffet but I hate lines. It was great for the very late night pizza for the teens and I did indulge too. The Chefs Table was a wonderful experience. I would definitely do that again. Nick and Nora's was great as well. I found the ship to be clean. The shows were no where near the caliber of the other cruises but found them fun and intimate. The serenity pool was nice. Hard to find chairs right by any of the pools but go to deck ten and you can find them. Gym was pretty but small. I stopped going because after the late nights at the casino, clubs etc I had no drive to go.

. If any of the other ships in the Carnival line are as nice I will definitely try them. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Suite Empress 6178

Loved loved loved it! Great balcony, bathroom, roomy, comfortable bed!

Snorkeling

(5.5)
Power snorkeling was so much fun. The guides were great. Saw some great fish and a nose shark to boot!

The city is full of history and was much cleaner then the last time I had been there. We did our own walking tour and then went to Sr. Frogs. Fun time!
Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

Beach Break

(3)
Beautiful views then beach. Pretty beach. Then shopping.