“Outstanding Southern Caribbean Ports........”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

LarCourt Carnival Victory 5 Outstanding Southern Caribbean Ports........
LarCourt
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We arrived a day before the cruise and stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan. Our one night stay was very nice. Had a room on the 4th floor and the room was very clean. No noise and we had a good night of sleep. Enjoyed the shops around San Juan and had no problems at all. Everyone that we met was very helpful during our stay. The Victory is a nice ship and it was very clean. Some of the areas could use an update and I believe that will happen later this year. I reviewed the ship a lot before booking. We were in cabin 8356 and I never saw anything negative about this cabin, but there was a equipment locker across the hall from us and a pantry next to that, so I had a 0500 wake up call every morning from the noise from the pantry. Had to ask each day for ice and clean towels. My kid was looking forward to the towel animals, but we just received those the first two nights. We ate in the dinning room the first three nights and that was it. I never had a bad meal on our other 5 cruises, but this one was "Hit or Miss" for sure. Other than the pantry noise, room cleaning and the dinners...It was a good cruise. We went for the islands and not the ship for this trip. The ports of call were outstanding. St. Thomas: Scubadu Private Charters. Sailed over and around St. John. Barbados: Calabaza Sailing. St. Lucia: Herod's Land and Sea Tour. St. Kitts: Carambola Beach Club on South Friars Beach. St. Maarten: Soualiga Destinations with Capt Bob. All of the excursions were over the top and would do them all again except the Calabaza Sailing... They were good, but just not the same level as our other excursions. Getting on and off the ship was a piece of cake...Short lines and had no problems. We had a late day flight, so we dropped off our luggage at the Barrachina Restaurant and enjoyed another shopping day in San Juan. Barrachins's just wanted a $5.00 tip to hold our 6 bags. We ate there and had a few drinks. That is a nice place with some very helpful people working there. Overall: I don't think you can beat the islands on this cruise. We had all kinds of fun at each port and the weather all week was perfect. The Victory was in good shape and clean...Just stay away from a cabin by the Pantry and hope you get someone that will clean the room each day. Breakfast each day was good, but they can keep that dinning room food...Go for the ports...they were Awesome...
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D8356
Cabin 8356. No good. Too noisy from equipment room and pantry across the hall. The cabin itself was nice. Nice balcony on deck 8, but way too much noise. They woke me up each day at 5:00AM.

Catamaran Tour
Very nice catamaran and crew. Good food and drinks. Snorkeling with the turtles. Saw one turtle. I was looking forward to snorkeling at the shipwreck, but they did not stop there. Was also looking to stop at a nice beach to swim, but they stopped at the worst looking beach I saw all day for that, but overall it was fun.
Scubadu private catamaran: Great day snorkeling and beach time around St. John. Perfect weather with warm and clear waters. They provide a very good meal along with good drinks all day....
Port
We to the Carambola Beach Club at South Friars Beach. Perfect beach day. Warm and clear waters at Carambola. Food and drinks were very good, but a little pricey. You can see the monkeys at the shipwreck bar which is just a short walk down the beach. The sand at the shipwreck location is black. Both locations were very nice.
Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
Port
Herod's Land and Sea Tour: Outstanding day on this tour. Herod showed us a lot of things on the stops. Great meal at his mother's house. Great snorkeling at our beach stop....Perfect day.
We did an excursion with Capt Bob...Soualiga Destinations. It was way over the top and well worth it. Speedboat ride, great snorkeling, great beach stops and a very good meal. Capt Bob has cold drinks on board and he was very helpful, funny and loaded with info about St. Maarten. I can see why he is the number one excursion tour in St. Maarten....All kinds of fun with him.
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 07/05/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?