“Great Ship, Great Cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

pdp67322 Carnival Dream 5 Great Ship, Great Cruise
pdp67322
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Carnival Dream is a great ship. This was mine and my kids 2nd Carnival Cruise and we absolutely loved everything about it. We had a cove balcony room which was fantastic, being that close to the water. All of the staff was just wonderful, our cabin steward and wait staff made our trip extra memorable. The cruise director, Butch, has more energy than the Energizer Bunny (I don't know if that man ever stopped going :) ). The cruise directors are always lot's of fun, but so far he is the only one we remember by name and we've been on 3 now. The food was excellent. We loved the pasta bar and the dining room always had a wide variety of options and everything was always very tasty. We had a great time at the Waterworks and always enjoy playing putt putt. I really like all the ports we had. We were suppose to have 4, but were unable to port in Island Roatan due high winds that day. It was a little disappointing, but Butch and the cruise line did a great job of making up for it. They came up with some fun activities for our extra sea day and we were reimbursed a small portion of our fare for not porting. Thankfully that was the one port where I had not booked a shore excursion. I have to say I was very please with all our excursions as well. In Cozumel we took an excursion that took us to some smaller, local Myan ruins (I knew my 7 yr old would not do well on an hour + bus ride) and beach stop. There were only a small number on our tour so it felt like we had the ruins and the beach to ourselves. I'm not sure which beach they took us too, but it was gorgeous and we were the only ones there. In Belize we took a snorkeling excursion and our guides were just wonderful. We went swimming with the dolphins in Costa Maya. That is an excursion that everyone should take at one time or another. I highly recommend this ship and this cruise, especially for families.
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Cove Balcony

7C
I don't remember our exact cabin, but we had a Cove Balcony room, mid ship. It was very nice and plenty of room for me and my 3 children. People talk about cruise cabins being small, but I felt like we had plenty of room and it was very comfortable. We loved the balcony and being so close to the water.
Published 07/05/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?