Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by JoAnn&Mike: Carnival Ecstasy - June 28, 2012

Carnival Ecstasy - June 28, 2012

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We just got off the Carnival Ecstasy this morning from a cruise on the Ecstasy. The cruise was wonderful!! The weather was perfect...right before we left Tropical Storm Debby was doing her thing and had us very worried we were going to get some of her...but thank goodness she moved on just in time.

Embarkation at Port Canaveral was quite painless. Quick and simple. They do it perfectly. Also on disembarking, all the luggage is already out in rows and this makes it quite easy to find your bags. Also, if you use a porter to take your bags for you, you will go through a special "porter" line which is much faster and worth the tip $ just to move on out of there.

The Ecstasy was great. The crew was friendly, food was good, everything was clean. The shows were good. The last night, the show was especially good. It was high energy dancing and singing. Very well done and entertaining.

Our ports of call were Nassau and Half Moon Cay. We went to Blue Lagoon More in the Bahamas. It was ok...nothing fantastic. This was our second time there and probably our last. We got some brochures for some ideas of new things to do in Nassau. Half Moon Cay is definitely one of my most favorite places to go. I wish there were cruises that just went there. It is the most beautiful Island there is. The water is so beautiful and the sand is perfect. If you want to really enjoy this beach, try to get a cabana. They were all rented by the time I thought about it. Next time I will try sooner to get one.

I would recommend this cruise for anyone. You'll definitely enjoy it!! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy E67

E67 is a handicap room. Unless you really need a shower for handicap, I would not recommend getting this room. There is not a ledge between the shower and the rest of the bathroom so the water from your shower goes all over the bathroom floor. If you need this for a handicap person..it will be perfect with the seat in the shower and hand bars in many different places. The room itself it good. It is a 3 person room with a trundle bed as the third berth. It was perfect for my mentally challenged sister to not have to climb into a berth on the wall. With this trundle bed up all the time, it is very difficult to get to the other side of the room. You either have to crawl across the king bed or actually step on the trundle to be able to get to the window. In our case it was a necessity unless we were not aware of any other options for a third berth.

Half Moon Cay has to be one of the most beautiful Islands I have ever seen. The water is absolutely inviting and the beach itself is stunning!!!

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim