Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by TelaDelight

Cabin Category: OB
        3-6 5.0

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Born to be mild
Our cruise included my DH, 5 year old daughter and myself. (5 months pregnant at the time) Overall we had a nice time. The Sky is definetely not a "party ship" but at the time that is exactly what we wanted.

EMBARKATION:Smooth, quick, no complaints here.

ROOM: Our room had a queen sized bed and rollaway sofa for our daughter. It was twin sized and she loved helping fold and unfold it every morning and night to give us more room in the cabin.

FOOD: The food was excellent and the dining staff provided cute entertainment every night. We've been on 3 cruises (2 with Carnival and this one with Norweigian) and hands down Noweigian has the best food! Even their room service meals were top notch and provided great healthy, late snacks for myself and my little "bun in the oven." We took advantage of the room service at breakfast also allowing me to save my energy for touring the ports once we got off the boat.

PORTS: We didn't book any excursions through Norweigian and were glad to have saved the money. We took a guided tour via air conditioned van with one of the locals for $15p/p and our daughter was free! We saw the Atlantis hotel, local university, local gov't, a few celebrity houses and stopped to shop a bit at a local open vendor area. Great tour for $30 total that lasted about 2 hours.

Our visit to the beach was nice as well. It was nice not having ANY vendors constanly bombard you with requests to buy various tourist junk (like in Cozumel). The water was sooooo beautiful and unbelievably cool! I spent the majority of the time sitting in the water in a beach chair and throughly enjoyed myself.

STAFF: We didn't encounter any rude or aloof staff. Everyone was nice and met our requests with a smile. Their staff was not only friendly but knowledgeable as well. Of the many questions we asked, not once did we hear "I don't know." (which for some cruiselines is an all too familiar line) Everyday my daughter wanted to go to Kids' Corner and make crafts and watch cartoons. She absolutely loved the staff and it gave us a chance to have dinner alone. They even had a pajama party for the kids one night. So we bathed her and put on her pajamas, slippers and robe and by the time we got back (around 10) she was asleep and we just carried her back to our cabin! #winning

OVERALL: I'd recommend Norweigian for those who want to rest and get away from the hustle and bustle of their everyay life. We can't speak on the nightlife as that wasn't what we were looking for but we plan to bring both daughters back when they older and maybe visit some other ports.

Publication Date: 07/05/12