Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bellavita1

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 6F
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Non Complainers Only !
Those of you who constantly complain do not bother to read my review. This was a vacation of a life time. The ship was new and beautiful and easy to navigate. We had a inside room on deck 7 which was in the high rent district with a low price. Our cabin steward was the best that we have ever had. His name was Gregorio. He called us by name the minute that we went on board. I will never spend the extra money for a balcony or window again. I was worried about not having a window for 12 days but if was perfect. We were 3 to a room and it was fine. Are friends next door even would come over and sit at times and it was still roomy.

The cruise was quite port intensive so the first few days we did not use the ship to its full potential. Our 12 yr old son loved the Water Works, Sky Coarse and Sports Square. We hardly ever saw him. Although at times it was hard to find 4 deck chairs together ( Due to the deck chair hogs )We managed.

The food on the Lido deck was very good. I thought it was better then the Main Dinning room. The Guys Burgers was good, the arepas and burritos were excellent the Indian excellent and the Pizza was the best we have ever had on any Carnival vessel. We never waited in line for anything. Go to the back of the ship to get your food. People usually use the first one or two lines. There was never any line in the back. That is were the pizza and Indian food is also. The for fee Sushi was very good we ate there twice for a minimal charge 1 dollar for a piece 3 dollars for a roll. The food in the Main dinning room was mostly good only had a few Great! things. But if you are to tired from your port intensive day we learned they serve the same food in the buffet at night that they serve in the dinning room. We all decided half way through that we would only go to the dinning room on sea days. This was much more relaxing for us and we were able to enjoy the ships shows since it is kind of hard to do that with second seating. Bottom line if you can't find anything to eat that you like you are way to picky. I am a gourmet cook and I was pleased by the quality of the food that they served for over 3000 plus people. No body ever seems to remember that. The service on the decks was excellent fast and very friendly. I was even offered to have my plate carried but I declined. Coffee and juice was also delivered to your table for refills in the mornings.We also did the Chef's Table Dinner. It was excellent experience and worth the $75.00 extra charge.

Entertainment was fun. This was more of a destination cruise for us. It is always good when you have a great time with the people that you are with. We did not do any excursions with Carnival. I am an experienced cruiser and chose to have private tour companies. I felt that the Carnival tours were very expensive and we did twice as much as the tours offered for half the price. We did have a transportation strike in Venice which was totally blown out of proportion. I am sure that you will here some complainers from that.

All in all this was a excellent cruise for the money people do not realize that on other cruise lines you pay twice as much for the same thing. If you are one of these complainers my advice to you is to win the lottery and charter your own cruise ship then maybe you will be happy. But, probably not. Happy Sailing!!!

Publication Date: 07/04/12