Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by bellavita1: Non Complainers Only !

bellavita1
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Non Complainers Only !

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Those of you who constantly complain do not bother to read my review. This was a vacation of a life time. The ship was new and beautiful and easy to navigate. We had a inside room on deck 7 which was in the high rent district with a low price. Our cabin steward was the best that we have ever had. His name was Gregorio. He called us by name the minute that we went on board. I will never spend the extra money for a balcony or window again. I was worried about not having a window for 12 days but if was perfect. We were 3 to a room and it was fine. Are friends next door even would come over and sit at times and it was still roomy.

The cruise was quite port intensive so the first few days we did not use the ship to its full potential. Our 12 yr old son loved the Water Works, Sky Coarse and Sports Square. We hardly ever saw him. Although at times it was hard to find 4 deck chairs together ( Due to the deck chair hogs )We managed.

The food on the Lido deck was very good. I More thought it was better then the Main Dinning room. The Guys Burgers was good, the arepas and burritos were excellent the Indian excellent and the Pizza was the best we have ever had on any Carnival vessel. We never waited in line for anything. Go to the back of the ship to get your food. People usually use the first one or two lines. There was never any line in the back. That is were the pizza and Indian food is also. The for fee Sushi was very good we ate there twice for a minimal charge 1 dollar for a piece 3 dollars for a roll. The food in the Main dinning room was mostly good only had a few Great! things. But if you are to tired from your port intensive day we learned they serve the same food in the buffet at night that they serve in the dinning room. We all decided half way through that we would only go to the dinning room on sea days. This was much more relaxing for us and we were able to enjoy the ships shows since it is kind of hard to do that with second seating. Bottom line if you can't find anything to eat that you like you are way to picky. I am a gourmet cook and I was pleased by the quality of the food that they served for over 3000 plus people. No body ever seems to remember that. The service on the decks was excellent fast and very friendly. I was even offered to have my plate carried but I declined. Coffee and juice was also delivered to your table for refills in the mornings.We also did the Chef's Table Dinner. It was excellent experience and worth the $75.00 extra charge.

Entertainment was fun. This was more of a destination cruise for us. It is always good when you have a great time with the people that you are with. We did not do any excursions with Carnival. I am an experienced cruiser and chose to have private tour companies. I felt that the Carnival tours were very expensive and we did twice as much as the tours offered for half the price. We did have a transportation strike in Venice which was totally blown out of proportion. I am sure that you will here some complainers from that.

All in all this was a excellent cruise for the money people do not realize that on other cruise lines you pay twice as much for the same thing. If you are one of these complainers my advice to you is to win the lottery and charter your own cruise ship then maybe you will be happy. But, probably not. Happy Sailing!!! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 7353

Cabin 7353 roomy. Plenty of space for clothes and luggage. Good value. Good location.

Private tour Barcelona Day Tours. Guide Jordi. Barcelona highlights. Best guide we had in all of Europe. Very knowledgeable. Fun alive city stayed there 2 extra days. No problems with pick pockets very enjoyable. All in all DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! If you are a foody best prices are in the grocery stores for wine and spices. You just do not get that fancy packaging. CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN !!!!

Did it on our own with advice from Cruise Critic members. Great maps and directions given. Clean clean city. Walked the walls, cable car. Only negative bad shopping. Things made in China and expensive. Excellent lunch at a restaurant called Komarda. recommended by a cruise critic member. Delicious seafood and pasta.

We had a private excursion with Tour designer in Provence by Catherine. She took us to the Luberon mountain reign of provence one of our favorite places. No crowds at all. Cute little towns made of stone. The towns were Gordes, Rousellion and Lacoste. Beautiful. We also had a picnic on the grounds of the Marque de Sade Castle. Livorno- Not on the list, We had a tour with Rome in Limo. Laura was our tour guide excellent we went to San Gimignano a quaint small medieval town and Florence. Florence was my least favorite, not due to the tour but the city had a lot of graffiti and was very crowded due to the singer Madonna appearance. Saw David AWESOME!! Day was a 5 score

(5.5)
OUR FAVORITE !!! Private tour Rome in Limo Stefano. Sorrento and Positano. Beautiful coast line, great food. Lemon granita delecious and lemonciello excellent. Would love to rent a house there for a week or two. Also went to Pompei private guide Patricia Rome in Limo, very knowledgeable and interesting.
Read 643 Naples Reviews

Private excursion Rome in Limo. Driver Alberto and private guide Vatican Valeria. Saw the highlights of Rome and a private tour of the Vatican with Valeria very informative and enjoyable. So much to see in one day and WE DID IT! Exhausting day but fun.

Private tour Rome in Limo. Titsiana was our guide. Went to Savoca were they filmed the Godfather movie. Beautiful place. Taormina was really cute had a awesome canolli. Little touristy and expensive do not wait until this day to buy your souvenirs. Very fun day. Palma de Mallorca. Did it on our own Fun day did the electric train to Port de Soller cute fishing town. Took the public bus back to ship excellent cheap sight seeing. Shopping cheap.

(5.5)
Loved it. Did it on our own. Good map and good shoes required. Way cleaner then I expected did not smell like we all are told. Transportation strike on that day did not effect us. If you are able just hoof it and you will not be disappointed. So many hidden gems to see get lost and enjoy.
Read 504 Venice Reviews