Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Susan3589: We made the trip fun

We made the trip fun

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

We went on our cruse June 14-18 with another couple. They had never cruised before and wanted to go with someone who had. This particular cruise was picked due to length and price.

Embarkation was a breeze. No lines @ about 11;30 am and we sailed (pun intended) thru it all. We were on board and in the Red Sail eating quite quickly. Our rooms were ready quickly also.
My first complaint was the hawking of the drink of the day while we were in the Red Sail. The same guy must have come up to us 5 times within 30 minutes asking if we wanted one.

All breakfasts were eaten in the main dining room and were good. Food came quickly and was hot.

Dinners started good but for me went down hill gradually. Night one my food was hot and tasty. The last night my fish was cold and hard and I could not eat it. I had to send it back. A new plate was brought and it was a bit better...there was some warmth to it, but far from hot. I told them it was fine and kept More it.

Movies on the lido deck were a nice touch. The only down side was that it was chilly. They did have blankets but one night we waited on line to get them. There were only a few people ahead of us but when a new supply of blankets came they went to the first 4 and then we had to wait yet again for another supply to come. I would have thought they'd know the nights would be chilly and they'd be better prepared.

They had WAY too many photographers all over the ship and they set up in areas where people had to walk to get to dinner. That coupled with people stopping mid step to watch photos being taken made it difficult to get around.

Our room was dated. Sufficient room in closets and bathroom shelving.
I called housekeeping because our glasses were missing and we had no ice. I was told that I should have called Room service but they would call for me and take care of it. 30 min later we got ice. no glasses. So I call house keeping and the phone rang and rang and rang. I tried every 5 minutes for 4 times. Before I tried again they called me to see if I had called. I explained what I needed and another 15 minutes went till I got glasses ( the glasses should have been there when the room was made up).

Debarkation went well. We opted to have them handle our bags so we hung out in nice cushioned chairs by the casino till we were told we could leave. As we were going down the escalator in the terminal we could see our bags. We grabbed them and off we went. The line for the elevator at the parking garage was LONG and the elevator small so we decided to take the stairs. A good choice...we were at our car and on our way home in no time.

All in all we did have fun....but Carnival can take a few tips from Disney & Royal Caribbean cruise lines. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>