Disney Dream Cruise Review by indytrvlr: Dreaming in Disney

Dreaming in Disney

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

So, my memory is a bit rusty, I'll say that much. I'm writing this review about a year too late. We went in March 2011 and it is July 2012.

That said, there are a lot of great memories of this ship and experience. Our cabin was great. Concierge is the way to go. I do hope they fixed the smell of the leather on the headboard though. It was a bit too much. I also hope that they added a full-size table and/or lounge chairs to fill in the extended balcony that was in this room. The extended balcony was a nice thought, but what we didn't realize is how dark it would make the room. So, if we were to do it again, we would prefer a room that didn't have the super extended 'rounded part' of the contour of the ship at top.

The line for the aqua duck was a bit much as well. 40 minutes at times. Crazy. Worth doing at least once though.

On to the positives:
Movies under the stars were nice, fireworks were fun(despite a little sound technical issues), we More still use our flashing LED cups we got from that night and smile with the memories.

Food was great- Remy's lobster bisque was the best we've ever had. Loved the mickey waffles.

The adult only area was nice- especially the hot tubs with glass bottom so you could look down to the ocean below. Loved that they had a tin drum one day playing there.

Watched tangled as it just came out. First run movies were fun, especially when we couldn't pull into castaway due to high winds (a bonus day at sea from our perspective). Sure, we were bummed that we didn't get to see castaway. We will be back to see it though.... someday.

Had a couples spa treatment- private room for two might not have been worth the cost. It wasn't quite as luxurious as the brochure made it out to be. But, definitely do a spa treatment if you can. Always a nice treat and the quality of our treatments was really good.

Loved the rotation dining- same staff shows up in different restaurants each night- a true treat.

Disembarking was a mess though, very long line. Would prefer to see a ship under 2,000 for this reason. But, all-in-all a great trip.

I would mention that we did do the sea lion and dolphin encounter in Nassau. It was amazing!!!! Do that if you can.

Well, that's about it for now... See you out there sometime soon fellow cruisers!!! Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verada Deck 11 11004

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim

(5.5)
What a great time! I had swam with dolphins before and never got to be so interactive with them. You can get pushed by your feet by them. What an experience. The sea lions were great too, my husband enjoyed how much more interactive they seemed than the dolphins. I enjoyed both equally as much. I will say that you can't normally book both in the same day. We were concierge and they helped us ensure we could do both and still make it to the boat on time.

Sea Lion Encounter