“Carnival surprised me with the Liberty”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

msjuicycouture Carnival Liberty 4 Carnival surprised me with the Liberty
msjuicycouture
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Carnival had made some cut backs, it is obvious. I have cruised with them every year for the past 9 years and have seen it happen more & more every year. Last year, our cruise on the Conquest was so bad, I swore I would never sail Carnival again. We had extended family coming in from everywhere & we had some children, so we chose Carnival one last time & are glad we did! It wasn't perfect by any means. I still noticed a few things that I noticed on the Conquest. The room stewards don't seem to do as much as they used to. I find myself having to call for ice & beach towels and the 'cleaning' is really an over statement. They pretty much seemed to be MIA most of the time. Gone are the days of being treated like a celebrity, I'm afraid. The second thing is the food quality. It is just ok at this point. No longer gourmet it seems. It has slowly gone downhill in recent years. The buffet has always been bad, period. Fish & chips are awesome, as is the Mongolian. Not impressed with the Guy's burger upgrade. I preferred the burgers & hot dogs they served before the upgrade. They taste like cheap Wendy's beef now. Room service is fast but food is gross. The hours of the eateries are terrible. They are open while you are on land and they close before you get back on the ship. Makes no sense. Everything else was fantastic! Lots of things to do. The comedy shows were great and I still don't think I ever saw the entire ship, lol. Loved that the crowd leaving from Miami dressed appropriately for dinners. Most from my Texas port do not. I would definitely sail the Liberty again. Our family had a fantastic time. We ranged in age from 9-68.
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean Suite

OS
Ocean suite was great. Tub is deep but narrow. Still a bath tub, though! Loved it.

Rented a cabana & loved it! Did not care for the stingray adventure. Poorly supervised & possibly dangerous. Do it at another stop. Beautiful island with tons of stuff to do. Quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever seen.
Port
Eh. Not alot to do here. Casino in the Ritz Carlton. Everything was far away. Walked around and then headed to Senor Frogs for some immature fun! Loved it.
Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Sea Lion Swim
We contacted Coral World online & made our reservations in advance. Took an open air taxi to Coral World & we swam with the sea lions. Then went to beach next door & swam with lots of tropical fish for an hour. Was beautiful. Taxi picked us back up @ 4 like we asked and dropped us @ Hooters where we had lunch & walked back to the pier.
Published 07/04/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?