Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by msjuicycouture: Carnival surprised me with the Liberty

msjuicycouture
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival surprised me with the Liberty

Sail Date: June 2012

Carnival had made some cut backs, it is obvious. I have cruised with them every year for the past 9 years and have seen it happen more & more every year. Last year, our cruise on the Conquest was so bad, I swore I would never sail Carnival again. We had extended family coming in from everywhere & we had some children, so we chose Carnival one last time & are glad we did!

It wasn't perfect by any means. I still noticed a few things that I noticed on the Conquest. The room stewards don't seem to do as much as they used to. I find myself having to call for ice & beach towels and the 'cleaning' is really an over statement. They pretty much seemed to be MIA most of the time. Gone are the days of being treated like a celebrity, I'm afraid.

The second thing is the food quality. It is just ok at this point. No longer gourmet it seems. It has slowly gone downhill in recent years. The buffet has always been bad, period. Fish & chips are awesome, as is the Mongolian. More Not impressed with the Guy's burger upgrade. I preferred the burgers & hot dogs they served before the upgrade. They taste like cheap Wendy's beef now. Room service is fast but food is gross.

The hours of the eateries are terrible. They are open while you are on land and they close before you get back on the ship. Makes no sense.

Everything else was fantastic! Lots of things to do. The comedy shows were great and I still don't think I ever saw the entire ship, lol. Loved that the crowd leaving from Miami dressed appropriately for dinners. Most from my Texas port do not. I would definitely sail the Liberty again. Our family had a fantastic time. We ranged in age from 9-68. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Suite Empress

Ocean suite was great. Tub is deep but narrow. Still a bath tub, though! Loved it.

Beach Break

(5)
Beautiful & fun. Service was great!

Rented a cabana & loved it! Did not care for the stingray adventure. Poorly supervised & possibly dangerous. Do it at another stop. Beautiful island with tons of stuff to do. Quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Eh. Not alot to do here. Casino in the Ritz Carlton. Everything was far away. Walked around and then headed to Senor Frogs for some immature fun! Loved it.
Read 1358 San Juan Reviews