Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tvirgil1012: The Breeze is the BEST!

tvirgil1012
0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

The Breeze is the BEST!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

We began our cruise in Barcelona, stay there beforehand or after, but it is a great city to tour! We could embark at 11:30, so we were there around this time. There was a long line, but it moved very quickly and were on the boat within an hour from when we got there. The port terminal is nice and new and it definitely shows.
Once we got on the boat, we went to our room, which was not ready yet, but we were able to get in. The rooms are GREAT! We had a balcony which was very spacious, had a beach lay out chair and two sitting chairs. We had a little bit longer balcony than other rooms because we were right next to the Aft. We had the king size bed which was great and the bathroom was very nice. It had plenty of room around the sink to set things there. There was also plenty of room to store our clothes in the closet and drawers. The TV was nice and Carnival has done a nice job of adding more channels to the TV (not that you need to be in the room watching anything!). They also More added this self service tab to see how much you have spent on the Sign & Sail Card as well as what is on the menu for dinner.
We then went to explore and found what would be one of our favorite places, Red Frog Pub. We went in there, got a drink, and they took our picture which would end up be displayed just for that day. We had a great time in there, they play live music in there and it was just a lot of fun. My husband loved the Red Frog beer.
Then we went outside and hung out at the Blue Iguana Bar and the Red Frog Bar which is by the main pool The pool is very nice because it gives this shallow area where you can sit in, so you don't have to get soaking wet, but get a little nice refreshing coolness. Then we went and tried the watersides. There are two! The orange one was my favorite, but the yellow is just as fun! We also did the mini-golf which was harder than it looks. It was 9 holes and definitely recommended as well.
Our dinner and service was excellent each night. The Chateaubriand was delicious! I still dream about it! I think the Melting cake is also a winner, but it seemed the desserts were a lot better than my last cruise because I rarely got the melting cake! We also paid money to go to the Steakhouse- Fahrenheit 55, which was good. I am not sure it was amazing, but def. a good steakhouse. I had the surf and turf which was good. The problem was, we left feeling disgusting because we were so full.
The shows were actually pretty good on this boat. I think they have done a much better job of making them not so cheesy. We had The Brits, Divas, Latin Nights, and Motor City. Divas was definitely the best show, followed by Latin Nights. Motor City was okay and The Brits was decent. I definitely recommend seeing them all (especially on a 12 day cruise!), however, Divas and Latin Nights is a must. We also had this hilarious comedian and magician, John Lenahan which actually put on the BEST show of them all. I highly recommend if he has a show one night, go to it!!! We cracked up about his banana joke for the rest of the cruise. We also went often to the Punchliner Comedy Shows which were decent. We had 6 different comedians throughout the time of the cruise. There were two British comedians who were not as good as the Americans, but maybe we didn't get their humor as well as the Americans. They were funny....but not our cup of tea necessarily. We also went to the Punchliner Comedy Brunch Shows which the food there was EXCELLENT! Go! Another show was the Hasbro Game Show--I got up there the first night. This was entertaining and fun! If you get up there--more fun, however, even being part of the audience was fun.
My husband really liked Guy's Burger Joint---I recommend it as well. I also liked the Blue Iguana Cantina tacos. The chicken and fish were good.
I loved this boat, even though there were a lot of people on the boat, it never felt like it was busy anywhere. I never had to wait in line too long or anything. I loved that! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 6499

6499--- Great room! Long balcony compared to other regular priced balcony. You are in this little cove by your neighbor, so hallway is quiet. You do hear the next door neighbors door slam when they do it. So we tried being cautious of it as well.

Sea Kayaking

(3)
We really enjoyed the sea kayaking excursion, however, it said it would last 4 hours and only lasted 2.5 hours. This was disappointing because we had sea kayaked to this cave area and were told we only had a half hour to swim. If they would have given us more time to swim, that would have been nice. The sea kayaking was fun and neat. You will be tired but it is definitely doable. Then we walked around the city for lunch and headed back to the boat. GORGEOUS water here though.

(5.5)
This was by far one of our best tours with Sunflower Tours. It was worth every penny. we were picked up promptly at Livorno port and driven to Florence. Here we were dropped off right by The Duomo and told we could walk around. We did this and then were taken to Accademia and the company had reserved tickets for us. We went right in upon our reservation time (beating many who were waiting in line). We saw David and then headed to Ponte Vecchio. We then went to Piazzale Michelangelo, which is a must! We then were driven to a Tuscany Winery, here we went on a tour of the winery, and then had lunch and wine tasting. It was a GREAT time and will be remembered forever. Then he drove us through Tuscany to Pisa. Once in Pisa, we were given time to walk around and enjoy the area there. We were then dropped off at the boat. It was a GREAT time!

(2)
Marseille was not that great of a city. It was definitely probably the worst out of all our stops. The train ride throughout town was just okay. Pretty sights, but it was just an easy way to get to the top of the hill. Not much to do in Marseille.

This was actually the Salerno port, but it is not listed. This port was awful and it was the first time for Carnival. We were told we could walk to catch a taxi, but the port did not allow this. The shuttle bus was a mix up as well. Just not a good thing to start the day. We ended up taking a ferry to Amalfi and bus to Ravello. It was easy....but just ruined the day kind of at the beginning.
Read 651 Naples Reviews

(5)
This was a great day! We were picked up at our port which is about an hour from Rome, here we were led to the Roman Forum and dropped off for time there and then the Colosseum. We did this on our own which was nice and then we headed to Trevi Fountain. We stayed here for a little bit while throwing our coin in. Then we headed to lunch, which was a really nice place to eat. Then we headed to Vatican City. We got the Vatican tour guide which was SO NICE and helpful and highly recommended. I cannot imagine just walking through those museums by myself not knowing what is going on. We went into Sistine Chapel and then St. Peter's Basilica. We then got back in the comfortable van and headed back to the port.

(3)
This was a great tour to have this day as Italy public transportation was on strike, therefore, the only water boats going to these islands that day were personal ones or excursions. This was an okay excursion, it was nice to go these three islands, however, we had little time to each island to really explore. Torcello was the hardest one, they gave us 40 minutes, it is about a 10 minute walk to the actual part you explore. Once there, everything costs money to go in. We didn't think it made sense to pay to go into something we couldn't stay at for awhile. Murano was neat and Burano was really pretty. We probably could have used more time at Murano as well.

Gondola Ride

(5.5)
We also did a Gondola Ride here that was just by Hard Rock Cafe. This was an excellent ride, prices go up after 7pm---so either catch it before or if you don't care it is only 20 Euros more. We had an EXCELLENT time. It took us by Rialto bridge as the sun was setting. It was very romantic. I do recommend them at this location compared to the ones by St. Mark's---they def charge way more.