Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tvirgil1012

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

The Breeze is the BEST!
We began our cruise in Barcelona, stay there beforehand or after, but it is a great city to tour! We could embark at 11:30, so we were there around this time. There was a long line, but it moved very quickly and were on the boat within an hour from when we got there. The port terminal is nice and new and it definitely shows.

Once we got on the boat, we went to our room, which was not ready yet, but we were able to get in. The rooms are GREAT! We had a balcony which was very spacious, had a beach lay out chair and two sitting chairs. We had a little bit longer balcony than other rooms because we were right next to the Aft. We had the king size bed which was great and the bathroom was very nice. It had plenty of room around the sink to set things there. There was also plenty of room to store our clothes in the closet and drawers. The TV was nice and Carnival has done a nice job of adding more channels to the TV (not that you need to be in the room watching anything!). They also added this self service tab to see how much you have spent on the Sign & Sail Card as well as what is on the menu for dinner.

We then went to explore and found what would be one of our favorite places, Red Frog Pub. We went in there, got a drink, and they took our picture which would end up be displayed just for that day. We had a great time in there, they play live music in there and it was just a lot of fun. My husband loved the Red Frog beer.

Then we went outside and hung out at the Blue Iguana Bar and the Red Frog Bar which is by the main pool The pool is very nice because it gives this shallow area where you can sit in, so you don't have to get soaking wet, but get a little nice refreshing coolness. Then we went and tried the watersides. There are two! The orange one was my favorite, but the yellow is just as fun! We also did the mini-golf which was harder than it looks. It was 9 holes and definitely recommended as well.

Our dinner and service was excellent each night. The Chateaubriand was delicious! I still dream about it! I think the Melting cake is also a winner, but it seemed the desserts were a lot better than my last cruise because I rarely got the melting cake! We also paid money to go to the Steakhouse- Fahrenheit 55, which was good. I am not sure it was amazing, but def. a good steakhouse. I had the surf and turf which was good. The problem was, we left feeling disgusting because we were so full.

The shows were actually pretty good on this boat. I think they have done a much better job of making them not so cheesy. We had The Brits, Divas, Latin Nights, and Motor City. Divas was definitely the best show, followed by Latin Nights. Motor City was okay and The Brits was decent. I definitely recommend seeing them all (especially on a 12 day cruise!), however, Divas and Latin Nights is a must. We also had this hilarious comedian and magician, John Lenahan which actually put on the BEST show of them all. I highly recommend if he has a show one night, go to it!!! We cracked up about his banana joke for the rest of the cruise. We also went often to the Punchliner Comedy Shows which were decent. We had 6 different comedians throughout the time of the cruise. There were two British comedians who were not as good as the Americans, but maybe we didn't get their humor as well as the Americans. They were funny....but not our cup of tea necessarily. We also went to the Punchliner Comedy Brunch Shows which the food there was EXCELLENT! Go! Another show was the Hasbro Game Show--I got up there the first night. This was entertaining and fun! If you get up there--more fun, however, even being part of the audience was fun.

My husband really liked Guy's Burger Joint---I recommend it as well. I also liked the Blue Iguana Cantina tacos. The chicken and fish were good.

I loved this boat, even though there were a lot of people on the boat, it never felt like it was busy anywhere. I never had to wait in line too long or anything. I loved that!

Publication Date: 07/03/12