Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Norway Fortuna

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Norway Fortuna
Norwegian Epic
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BF
Entertainment 5+

Just Great!
I'm a single mum with two boys aged 13 & 16. We had travelled once earlier with RCCL, so I was wondering how it would be with "Freestyle Cruising". This worked out great. If you talk to your waiters, they remember you. The waiting time for a table wasn't bad at all. We mostly stuck to "Manhatten Room". The food was great, the entertainment was really great, and I liked the room a lot. We found that "Taste" was a bit tight and noisy.

When it comes to the cabin; yes it is small. BUT who is actually spending much time there? I know we were not. And it actually worked great with the shower and toilet in two separate "rooms". Our steward Arhtur did a good job making up our room every day.

The ship it self I felt was a bit darker in the corridors than RCCL "Liberty of the Seas" A bit narrow in the corridors, but you get use to it.

The top deck was great with sunbeds, bar, music, ice-cream and food. Only two complaints here; when there was live music I thought it would be OK to move a bit away so I could listen from a distance. But no; the loudspeakers were really blasting away. Another thing was the smoking around the bar. My youngest son is allergic to cigarettes, and could not go to the bar to fill up his glass of soda. He had to get dressed and go inside to fetch it. Not a big problem, but it should not be necessary.

I would say that 99% of the people working onboard were always smiling. My sons and I are still saying "Washy, washy, happy, happy". That was our greeting to breakfast every morning :o)

We had a nice "Meet&Greet" on board when we got to Barcelona. Lot of the managers met us there, and that was very good. We specially liked Cruise Director Richard. Great guy with lots of smiles!

The entertainment on board was the best! We saw "Blue Man Group" and "Legends in Concert". We also had several evenings with "Howl at the Moon". Great fun!

All the entertainers were fabulous. My oldest son plays the bass guitar and he talked to several of the musicians. They all took time to talk to him and greet him in a nice way. Thanks!

All in all we had a great time. But if you want to rest; don't get of the ship! Stay there and just relax. The Epic is a great place to relax.

I will definitely go back.

Publication Date: 07/04/12