“Wonderful time on GEM”

Angles kisses
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Well since we didn't make it to the dock until 12, we expected the long line since we aren't latitude member yet. Then the buffet lunch was good, very busy lots of people. We could go to our room right away and a few of our bags were already at the door. Our stateroom steward was nice, she made towel animals for us almost every night except the last night. We had 2 balcony rooms which was spacious and roomy for the 4 of us. We had lobster tail at Magenta (Free, a sit-down) restaurant which was good. The food on GEM was OK, some good some not so good. We didn't try any speciality restaurant because we think there was enough selection between buffet and 2 restaurant. I didn't get he spa pass because we are quite busy everyday between shows, game and the pool. We did had a spa treatment, there was an automatically 18% service charge which was a surprise. There was a foot analysis which they try to sell $189 a pair of sole to correct our foot problem which was crazy. I don't feel much pressure to book the next cruise or buying stuff, we just ignore those advertisement. Well the pool was totally pack with music, people and food. We didn't leave the ship when it dock at FL, so we enjoyed the quiet pool area with some people and finally we could try the slide and hot tub. Second day at Great Stirrup Cay, it was cloudy. Because there was high wave, thy only could use 2 tender boat which took a while to get us to the island. Oh they keep saying the tender ticket will start at 9, but when we got there @ 8:50, they were handing out ticket for boat 10! They must have started way earlier than 9 which wasn't fair. I was worry I'll get seasick since it was really rock, feel like we were on roller coaster once we get into the bay, the water was claim. The beach on the island is beautiful, we didn't walk around just went right to the water us it was so hot. It was cloudy but still gave us all sunburn even after loads of sunscreen lotion. We bought our own snorkeling equipment we saw so much fish and a stingray, it swam right underneath our feet, our waterproof camera really came in handy!!!! We walk to the big rock there were load of tropical fish which is definitely unforgettable memory!! Since the dark clouds were rolling in, the line was super long going back to the ship, so we stayed at the beach longer all by ourselves, looks like our private beach, Awesome !! At Nassau, we went to Aquaventure through the cruise. There were 2 Carnival and 1 Royal Caribbean cruises already parked at the dock, so you could tell how busy Atlantis was. The water rides were not as exciting as we thought, the lines were long, the lazy river is kind of fun. We love the Dig which is an aquarium the largest aquarium in the world. We saw the staff feed the giant stingray which was awesome. Well, Nassau is kind of fun down other than the tourist area so I don't think I would go back again. Atlantis is huge and the architecture is beautiful. The shows on the Gem was pretty good. We love Donovan and Rebecca's acrobat show. They broke 3 world record 3 times, got into American Got Talent too, hope they will win they are very good. My complains: Nickelodeon at Sea -- other than meet &greet not so much game. I only saw there game 1 by the pool, unlike their advertisement I expected more game from Nick. The queen size bed is too short. The food: just ok, not much selection at buffet Will I go with NCL again ? I would but I also would want to try other cruise line. But only if I could find good deal like this time. Once you had balcony you can't go interior. Hope my review will help others ! Happy Cruising everyone.
Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BB10652
Quiet location, spacious closet for 2 people. Do smell smoke if next door neighbor was smoking. If 4 of us in the same room then it is small for 4.

Published 07/02/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Gem Review
Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?