“Pleasant Surprise”

thomastoo
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We took a three generation vacation cruise on the Disney Dream because our teen age granddaughters wanted to go. I had trepidation especially after experiencing problems with the online booking. We had 6 staterooms with 7 adults and 6 children ranging from 10 to 17 years of age. Disney requires 6 separate reservations and at least one adult in each room. It was a bit complicated. I have cruised on small ships but never on one this large and wondered about the chaos and wait lines. Disney exceeded my expectations and the trip was a wonderful experience. They are very organized and wait times were at a minimum. The ship is spotless, the service excellent and plenty of activities for all ages. I was surprised at how many adults were on board without children. The breakfast and lunch buffets were very good. Dinner is served in rotation in three restaurants but you have the same servers each night. The service was very good. The food at dinner is what I would consider adequate but not of top quality. One night the adults ate in Palo an upscale adult only dining room. Considering that this is an "upscale" restaurant with a premium price I thought it should be better. The service there was not as good as in the regular restaurants. We stopped twice in Castaway Cay and once again Disney was amazing. A very nice facility with plenty for everyone. All in all it was a very successful trip for our whole family.
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4A

Disney controls everything on Castaway Cay and they do a fine job. Of course it helps if the weather cooperates as this is primarily a beach experience. There are plenty of activities but most are outside. The BBQ provided is not bad. There is adequate seating in the covered pavilions for lunch but of course you could return to the ship to eat if you wanted to go there. The beaches (there are several) were not crowded and there is a shady spot to play table games.
Atlantis
Some of our party did the water slides and some just took the tour. Those that did the slides thought they were terrific. Those that did not visited the aquarium and Casino at Atlantis. They had a good time also
Read 126 Atlantis Reviews
Published 07/02/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?