Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Courageous: So So Disappointed!

Courageous
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Baltic Sea Cruises

So So Disappointed!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Amsterdam

I have sailed w/Celebrity 5 times - 2x on Century, once on Solstice, once on Infinity to ANTARCTICA (don't miss this one...even though ship is old, this is the cruise of a lifetime!) and the Constellation. Of all the cruises- this was the worst. I'd NEVER want to do this again.Ice buckets - the large champagne bottle ones - were left in our room unless we asked him to remove it. With a small room & a large bucket...well you can show annoying it was having it there along w/fruit left over from the day before (he didn't get us fresh fruit unless we asked!). He didn't clean either. I dropped something under the desk and left it there to see if he was vacuuming and it stayed there for 2 days until I picked it up. Soap was never replenished...you get the idea.
The Ocean Liners was good but way over the top. Just too much. Tuscan Grille was wonderful, after our surly waiter got over his attitude!
The main dining room staff was great and the food OK. What do they put in that food More though? I was so careful with what I ate - salads, broiled or grilled fish or chicken, baked potato and veggies. For dessert I only had the sorbet or FF Yogurt. We had room service breakfast almost every morning = poached eggs, english muffins and the WORST coffee I ever had in my life, and lunch was always from the salad bar buffet.
Why do I tell you this? The above selections don't seem salty do they? Well...my ankles are still swollen and I've been home for 5 days! MISERABLE feeling! They must have salt in the water!
The shore excursion desk was RUDE RUDE RUDE~and the excursions way to expensive for what they were. We enjoyed them all, but did feel ripped off as did everyone on our bus.
The entertainment would receive a B from me.
The Captain made NO attempt at giving us any information regarding where we were or what we were seeing (mostly nothing!) Compared to the Antarctica Cruise it was so disappointing. On that cruise, the Captain gave us a guided tour each and every day, and when seas permitted turned the ship so we could see and gasp at all the wonders passing by.
I took a Northern TA summer on HAL. What a difference!
This waS THE MOST DISAPPOINTING CRUISE/SHIP I HAVE EVER BEEN ON! Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Concierge Class Vista Deck (7) 8185

Cabin #8185 on the Constellation is an aft balcony with a tremendous balcony but the room is tiny, with a cramped bathroom and NO VIEW from inside - unless you call plexiglass partitions a view. DEFINATELY NOT WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY - which is a signifcant amount.

The ports visited are not on the list. Celebrity excursions were very very expensive, but enjoyable. MANY of us felt VERY RIPPED OFF though.