Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Courageous

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Courageous
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: Courageous
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

So So Disappointed!
I have sailed w/Celebrity 5 times - 2x on Century, once on Solstice, once on Infinity to ANTARCTICA (don't miss this one...even though ship is old, this is the cruise of a lifetime!) and the Constellation. Of all the cruises- this was the worst. I'd NEVER want to do this again.Ice buckets - the large champagne bottle ones - were left in our room unless we asked him to remove it. With a small room & a large bucket...well you can show annoying it was having it there along w/fruit left over from the day before (he didn't get us fresh fruit unless we asked!). He didn't clean either. I dropped something under the desk and left it there to see if he was vacuuming and it stayed there for 2 days until I picked it up. Soap was never replenished...you get the idea.

The Ocean Liners was good but way over the top. Just too much. Tuscan Grille was wonderful, after our surly waiter got over his attitude!

The main dining room staff was great and the food OK. What do they put in that food though? I was so careful with what I ate - salads, broiled or grilled fish or chicken, baked potato and veggies. For dessert I only had the sorbet or FF Yogurt. We had room service breakfast almost every morning = poached eggs, english muffins and the WORST coffee I ever had in my life, and lunch was always from the salad bar buffet.

Why do I tell you this? The above selections don't seem salty do they? Well...my ankles are still swollen and I've been home for 5 days! MISERABLE feeling! They must have salt in the water!

The shore excursion desk was RUDE RUDE RUDE~and the excursions way to expensive for what they were. We enjoyed them all, but did feel ripped off as did everyone on our bus.

The entertainment would receive a B from me.

The Captain made NO attempt at giving us any information regarding where we were or what we were seeing (mostly nothing!) Compared to the Antarctica Cruise it was so disappointing. On that cruise, the Captain gave us a guided tour each and every day, and when seas permitted turned the ship so we could see and gasp at all the wonders passing by.

I took a Northern TA summer on HAL. What a difference!

This waS THE MOST DISAPPOINTING CRUISE/SHIP I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!

Publication Date: 07/02/12