Carnival Pride Cruise Review by ABronsen

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera
Avoid this ship at all costs! Please read the reviews from lots of other cruise critics BEFORE you go and waste your valuable time and money. Any ship that gets such mixed reviews should be avoided!

This ship is like the Denny's/Wal-Mart of the seas. I only wished I would have read the reviews before booking! My husband, myself and our two boys felt like cattle being herded into the most inadequately staffed embarkation procedure I have ever seen.

The ship itself is huge, but it is mostly made up of cabins, leaving the public areas too small to adequately handle all the people.

The food was absolutely sad. Denny's buffet style. Everything was slightly stale, slightly wilted or slightly slimy. Everything was also lukewarm. Nothing was ever steaming hot or fresh and crispy. The Normandie dining room was unbelievable. Our food was brought to our table on trays stacked to the hilt with plates topped with plastic covers. Plastic covers?

Avoid the Yelapa beach snorkel excursion and the Deer Island Kayak excursion. Both are overpriced and nothing like the descriptions in Carnivals literature.

I did not feel pampered or cared for by the staff. We felt like we were being fleeced with their constant sales pitches.

Next time I will do my homework and read reviews before I book another cruise. But NEVER again with Carnival!

Good luck and Happy Cruising