“Fun times on the Fun Ship! ”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

klpaylor Carnival Liberty 4 Fun times on the Fun Ship!
klpaylor
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just returned from an amazing trip w/three girlfriends. We are college friends who left our families behind for 7 days to reconnect. Carnival redeemed itself to me after a not-so-great cruise years ago. It met all of my expectations. Food and drink were great. Service was good, beds were comfortable, I have no complaints. The Alchemy bar and bartenders were amazing! That was our favorite hang out and we made lots of new friends along the way. We also enjoyed the piano bar. The Karaoke bar and casino were too smoky for our taste, so we didnt spend much time there. We booked through a travel agency (Kelley at www.bethetourist.com) who was great at advising us of all things travel-related. I stayed in an ocean view room w/o a balcony and it was fine... small but comfortable. We booked all of our excursions through Shoretrips.com, not associated w/Carnival. I highly recommend them! They were great! In Belize, we did a cave-tubing tour which was amazing! The tube was very comfortable, w/netting on the bottom so you don't fall through and a back/neck rest too! The guide stayed w/us the whole time and hooked us together to keep us safe. We had headlamps on helmets and saw some amazing sites. In Roatan we went zip lining through the rainforest. I have a fear of heights, but overcame my fears and completed the 10 line canopy tour. The guides were great and I felt safe the whole way. After the zip lining they took us to a beautiful little beach for lunch and drinks. In Cozumel, we did a "beach excursion" which took us to an unimpressive beach for free drinks, lunch and snorkeling. The snorkeling tour was amazing! We didn't do any excursions in Cayman, just went to the beach via taxi and explored on our own. I would definitely recommend this cruise for friends and families w/teens or older kids. There is a lot of focus on partying on this ship, so it may not be as suitable for little ones. There were lots of activities for the kids, but if I had mine, I'd prefer a more kid-focused ship.
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6A2415
Room was comfortable. It had good storage areas and wasn't too crowded for two people. I didn't miss not having a balcony.

Really enjoyed Cave tubing booked through shore trips.com. The tubes were really comfortable w/a head/back rest and netting on the bottom of the tube. They linked us all together so we felt safe and the guide stayed w/us the whole time. I highly recommend this tour!
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Beach Break
Went to a beach in Cozumel. We had food, drinks and snorkeling included. It was nice, but the beach was not real impressive. Enjoyed the snorkeling tour.
We didn't have any excursions planned in Grand Cayman. We took taxis to get around. Went to the beach, and wandered around a bit. Ended up at the Ritz Carlton who wasn't too pleased to host us as non-staying guests. We had one drink at the pool and then were asked to leave! Not very welcoming to visitors! We found a great taxi driver who took us to taste the local "patties", she drove around trying to find us the best ones for us and then let us eat them in her car! She was great! Grand Cayman is a nice island, expensive but with beautiful beaches. I've done Stingray City in the past, and would recommend everyone do that at least once. Snorkeling is great here too.
Port
We did a zip line excursion through Shoretrips.com. I highly recommend them!
Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 07/02/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?