Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by klpaylor

Carnival Liberty
Member Name: klpaylor
Cruise Date: June 2012
Cabin Category: 6A

Fun times on the Fun Ship!
I just returned from an amazing trip w/three girlfriends. We are college friends who left our families behind for 7 days to reconnect. Carnival redeemed itself to me after a not-so-great cruise years ago. It met all of my expectations. Food and drink were great. Service was good, beds were comfortable, I have no complaints. The Alchemy bar and bartenders were amazing! That was our favorite hang out and we made lots of new friends along the way. We also enjoyed the piano bar. The Karaoke bar and casino were too smoky for our taste, so we didnt spend much time there.

We booked through a travel agency (Kelley at www.bethetourist.com) who was great at advising us of all things travel-related. I stayed in an ocean view room w/o a balcony and it was fine... small but comfortable. We booked all of our excursions through Shoretrips.com, not associated w/Carnival. I highly recommend them! They were great!

In Belize, we did a cave-tubing tour which was amazing! The tube was very comfortable, w/netting on the bottom so you don't fall through and a back/neck rest too! The guide stayed w/us the whole time and hooked us together to keep us safe. We had headlamps on helmets and saw some amazing sites.

In Roatan we went zip lining through the rainforest. I have a fear of heights, but overcame my fears and completed the 10 line canopy tour. The guides were great and I felt safe the whole way. After the zip lining they took us to a beautiful little beach for lunch and drinks.

In Cozumel, we did a "beach excursion" which took us to an unimpressive beach for free drinks, lunch and snorkeling. The snorkeling tour was amazing!

We didn't do any excursions in Cayman, just went to the beach via taxi and explored on our own.

I would definitely recommend this cruise for friends and families w/teens or older kids. There is a lot of focus on partying on this ship, so it may not be as suitable for little ones. There were lots of activities for the kids, but if I had mine, I'd prefer a more kid-focused ship.

Publication Date: 07/02/12