Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by malisainok

Member Name: malisainok
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8B
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        13-15 5+

Easter Caribbean Cruise
We had a group of 14 of us on this cruise. For some of us it was our second cruise for some it was their first. I'm going to do a quick review and hope I remember everything.

New Orleans:

We came into New Orleans a day early and stayed at the Homewood Suites. Nice place but over priced. The highly of our trip was the swap tour with Cajun Pride Swap Tours. They are top notch and will go again soon. If you want a true Louisiana experience please look them up and book your tour with them. You wont be disappointed!!

Embarking:

We arrived at Machu Picchu at 10:00 AM. We got there early since we knew we had 14 of us to unload and load all of our luggage. They had a nice big a/c bus ready to go for us. We had a very short bus ride right to the front door where our luggage was unloaded right to the porter who took it right to the boat. We all went in and up the esclator and checked right in. Probably took 10 minutes total and then we had to wait until 11:30 to board the boat. I HIGHTLY recommended Machu Picchu for parking!!

Cabin:

We all booked rooms on the Upper deck and most were happy with their rooms. We were in room 6363 balcony room and for the most part the room was fine. One probably is, the band in the casino, was directly under our room and they play every night until 1:00 AM. It's a good thing I'm not a light sleeper.

Most nights were hot but not hot enough to complain. Our luggage was late arriving but it did arrive before dinner.

Food:

We had late dining in the Monet Dining Room and it was wonderful! Our server was Cyprian and he was the best of the BEST! He put up with our guys and did it with a smile. All the food was great and I LOVE the chocolate melting cake and dream about it every night. We had lunch on occasion and also breakfast. We were that impressed with lunch but it was good.

The buffet food was good and plentiful but we didn't eat there much. We had the deli sandwiches nearly every day for lunch. Loved the Reubens! Also had pizza a couple times and it was good too. We tried the Sur Mer when we boared and it was great too!

We had room services a few times and it was fast and great. The cheesecake was to die for!

Shows:

The shows in the main lounge were okay. I did fall asleep during both of them thought. LOL

The comedians were the best by far of the entertainment. They had 2 on and midway thought the cruise they brough on 2 more and they were ALL worth saying up late to watch. They do need a lot more seating in The Degas! These evening shows were a little chilly and I was glad I had my light sweater to wear.

Club 02:

My teenage son was alittle shy at first but LOVED the guy they have over this department. He is fun and upbeat and does a great job!

Ports:

Key West - We booked excursions on our own for Key West since we were still in US. We felt safe doing this. We book the electric cars and the Parasailed with Fury. The guys from the Fury were awesome. They were so much fun and we all really enjoyed parasailing. Even those afraid of heights were so glad that they done this excursion.

Freeport Bahamas - This was the only excursion that all 14 of us did together. We booked the Wyndham Resort and I have to tell you the reviews on this was scary but WOW what a fantastic time we all had. We had a short wait for the bus to pick us all up and a short ride to the resort but it was so worth the money. When we first arrived a storm moved in and it poured down rain for about 15 mins but it didn't put a damper on our parade. The drinks and food were plentiful and not a single complaint from any of us. The white, powder sand beaches were just awesome!

Nassau - Most of our group were scheduled to go to Blue Lagoon Island and some us were to do the dolphin encounter. Well some where along the way those of us doing the dolphin encounter got our times bumped and we ended up going at different times. We were very disappoined since we booked MONTHS in advance and weren't notified until the day before we were in Nassau. Now as far as the Blue Lagoon goes, it was wonderful. We got to hang out and swim for about an hour before our encounter. The encounter with Andy the dolphin was the best time and it's something I'll never forget. Oh I have to add that this was the LONGEST walk from the ship to the shops! WOW I'm in pretty good shape and I was feeling sorry for some of the others that had to sit and rest a few times before they made it back to the boat. VERY Long pier!

Behind The Fun Tour- 3 of us girls did this excursion and it was well worth the money. You get to see all that goes on behind the scenes and it's very interesting. Do this if you get the chance!

Debarking:

This wasn't bad at all. Everyone followed the simple rules and everything with off without a hitch. We were able to find all of our luggage and off we went. As we were leaving the ship we called the man at Machu Picchu and he sent a bus right away. As we were loading all the luggage we realized that our large suitcase was missing from where we were just standing. We looked all over and couldn't find it! We debarked with it but it was gone! We had to leave and left it behind. Got back to our cars and right out of traffic. No waiting at all!!!!

I called everyone under that moon and since it was Sunday no one could help me with our missing luggage. I figured a porter picked it up or someone loaded it in their car. Bright and early Monday morning I started calling and talked to a very nice lady named Kimberly with Carnival. She said nothing was called in but she'd check left over luggage and call me back. Within 45 mins I got the call that my luggage was found and headed to the Caribbean without me! We were so excited that it was found! They mailed it to me as soon as it arrived on the following Sunday and it was at my home by Tuesday. Thank you Carnival!

I have TONS of pictures and if I knew how to add them I would. Lots on my FB page.

Malisa