Carnival Legend Cruise Review by conchyjoe1: Not bad for a first time cruise

conchyjoe1
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Not bad for a first time cruise

Sail Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

We went on the Exotic Western Caribbean Cruise as a graduation gift to our son. I have not been on a cruise and am not a big fan of cruises. I prefer to go to one location for a week.

Having said that I had a really good time, and a lot less people dust than I thought I would have. Protos, our cabin steward took excellent care of us. Kiran, Lani and James in the atrium bar took most awesome care of us. Kiran knew our name immediately and addressed us as such for the duration of the trip. We did go to one comedy show, and played bingo, but mostly relaxed and went on shore excursions. The Serenity deck had huge hammocks, and we spent a lot of time in those. This area was adults only, and pretty quiet in the morning and early afternoon until some of the adults got drunker and louder.

Your cabin was comfortable for us, and the balcony was a plus. We hung out on it A LOT, especially on our two at sea days.

I doubt I would specifically plan another cruise, but if I More did, this would be one I would take again.

I did catch a head cold the day I got on, but fought it back with nyquil and sudafed, which made it good enough to dive the three days we did. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Upper 5192

We stayed in 5192. It was right off the elevators, and one of the outer most cabins. It was quiet, comfortable, and in the perfect location for us.

Zip line and cave tubing was awesome!

Scuba - Certified

(4)
Diving is not what it used to be in Cozumel. Operation was OK, reefs were not good.

Scuba - Certified

(5.5)
We went diving with DNS Diving and it was AWESOME! They took great care of us, we dove North Wall which is excellent, and had a great time. The dive masters took great care of us, setting up our gear, making sure we had everything, and kept us hydrated. And we had nice complimentary beach towels to dry off with. We even left with a complimentary DNS Diving koozie to keep our Caybrew cold on the trip back to the ship. Awesome people, awesome time!

Excellent diving with Ahthony's Key Resort