Carnival Legend Cruise Review by futuremrsh: Carnival Legend - Central America/Panama Canal

futuremrsh
Member Since 2009
1 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Carnival Legend - Central America/Panama Canal

Sail Date: December 2004
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

I have put off writing this review because I get upset just thinking about the cruise. I went with my fiance, and my future brother and sister in law. We booked the cruise because we were told Carnival was for a younger crowd.

Let me begin with the other people on board. I would say 90% of them were over the age of 80. Apparently there was a senior citizen village onboard that no one told us about. I am telling you, if you saw one person under the age of 80 it was a shock.

When we arrived to our room we pushed our two twin beds together to find garbage and silverware under the bed. When we arrived at dinner someone was already eating at our table. The waiter who had escorted us there said, "Well they were there first" and shrugged and walked away.

The crew members on the ship were ridiculously rude. It was literally unbelievable. The apathy on the ship from crew and passengers alike was always apparent. No one showed up to the activities. The crew had no More enthusiasm about any of them. There were times when there was literally nothing to do. So much for the fun ship. Also, activities were scheduled when the people with late seating were eating, as if we did not deserve to be included.

On our second night out, my boyfriend had decided to propose to me. He asked the activities coordinators for help in doing it a creative way. They all diverted him to someone else before finally saying that they could do nothing. They said, why don't you do it at dinner. This is the part of the cruise that honestly hurt the most. They were not willing to do a single thing to help make it special. Late that night the captain announced there was a medical emergency and we would have to make an unscheduled stop in Mexico to drop off the ill passenger.

Some of the entertainment was good, some TERRIBLE. There was a comedian who made jokes about 9/11. I mean c'mon! Carnival's idea of activities is art auctions NON STOP.

I can honestly say that as each day passed, things got more miserable. There were tons of rumors of people actually dying on board. We had to make two more unscheduled stops to drop off sick people. Because of the last one we were told we would be arriving back to Florida hours later than scheduled.

Therefore, there was a line of about 20 people at the purser's desk asking how we were supposed to get home. When it was finally my turn, they refused to help me find a flight home bc I hadn't booked my flight through them in the first place. I was expected to pay any charges incurred by the changing of tickets. I had to call my travel agent from the middle of the ocean and beg him to help me find a way home.

Honestly, I could go on forever. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Upon leaving the ship, each person in my party left a comment card of at least 5 pages. We have not gotten anything as much as an apology for the lousy trip. I have been telling everyone I know to avoid Carnival like the plague. I am truly disgusted by the way they do business. I am in the process of planning my honeymoon and I am really skeptical of cruises at this point, but I know it can't be any worse than this horrific trip. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>