Ventura Cruise Review by snoopfoggyfogg: Feel Like Royalty!

snoopfoggyfogg
0 Post

Family & Children 5.5

Feel Like Royalty!

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Barbados

It was the first ever cruise I have been on and it sure wont be the last, to say we had the time of our lives is an understatement. Me and my (now) wife decided on this cruise as we wanted to get married abroad - to anyone thinking the same I urge you to do this, it was the dream wedding for us.

We travelled with our 2 kids and and 2 relatives who are seasoned cruisers, as the title states you feel like royalty. nothing is a problem and the staff and crew bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable and having a great time. Every day we went back to our cabin there was a treat for us (wedding VIP)from horderves to champagne and sweets we must have had about 5 bottles of champagne given to us throughout the 2 weeks.

The kids clubs are that good that I almost forgot I had children and it wasn't because we were palming them off onto the kids supervisors all the time, its because they were having that much fun (magicians, parties, pool games etc, etc) they didn't More want us cramping their style - this gave us some nice relaxation time in the sun.

The shows are first class although the ship is that big we didn't know much about them til the second week but it was the type of show you would pay decent money for in UK theatres.

I really could go on and on but i'm going to say one thing - BOOK IT you wont regret it. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Cabin review: Ventura D622

Didnt really do much at this port so cant say too much about it but there are loads of beeches and tours you can go to.
Read 801 Antigua Reviews

Only wandered around Bridgetown in this port before flying back to England.
Read 702 Barbados Reviews

If you dream of a picturesque caribbean island then this is it, located just off the Dominican Republic this is a private island that cruise ships use as a stop off. They ship you across in the lifeboats and then all the staff come ashore with drinks and food and they whip up a hugely impressive BBQ. This was one of my most favourite days ashore out of the 2 weeks.

Island tour

(5.5)
Stunning island dont be put off by the port as its not the prettiest of the caribbean, was taken by local taxi around the local points of interest and the taxi driver explained all of the history surrounding the topic in great detail, he really knew his stuff.

Rainforest Tour

(5.5)
The gem of the Caribbean there is loads to see in the rainforest like the boiling lake, the waterfalls which is the most beautiful natural thing I have seen, we visited the hot sulphur springs too. Even though I have done this once I will definitely do it again. There are some areas that were used to film Pirates of the Caribbean that you can visit too.

Island tour

(5)
Paid around $80 which is about £51 for 2 adults and 2 kids, the taxi took us completely around the whole of St kitts showing us the history and sights we had loads of stop offs where we could explore and went to Brimstone Hill fortress which is awesome with all the cannons still intact and great views around the island. It was a full day that started at 9am and we didnt get back to the ship til 4.30pm so value for money it was.

Went to Rodney Bay which is a really nice beech, there are bars just off the sands for food and drink and plenty of watersports on offer.

My future retirement (he says with fingers, toes and everything else crossed) complete paradise which explains why Roman Abramovich hangs out there, we were actually birthed alongside his 300 million quid super yacht Eclipse.

Went swimming with dolphins in Tortola a truly amazing thing to do - its expensive it cost for my wife and 2 kids around £160 GBP but a once in a lifetime experience and well worth the money.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews