Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Freedom32108: NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

NOT WHAT I EXPECTED

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

I'll start with the positives....

- The cabin was clean and tidy w/ excellent service
Big shout out to Albert our steward....great job !!

- Our waiter, Dana was FABULOUS !!! Very personable and friendly and extremely efficient. He went out of his way to make us feel special and added lots of fun antics to our meals. We never waited long for any of the courses and he made sure we were all happy at all times.
He greeted us with a smile EVERY day and conducted himself with superior professionalism
Too bad his talents are being wasted on this ship....he would make an excellent head matre di in a fine dining establishment.
Thank you so much Dana....you made the entire trip worth while !!

The rest of the story......

- The ports of call were a disgrace ! The idea that we are herded into a roped off area of beach, sitting practically on top one another was more than I could stand @ Grand Turk. The area of beach that was open to wander was More filthy and every single amenity horribly over priced. I did not take a single picture at this port because there was absolutely NOTHING breath taking worth shooting.
Thank goodness for the blue flotation devices available for rent. I got one immediately and floated away the hours far from the herded crowd.
I chose to stay on the ship when we ported @ Half Moon Cay because of foul weather, so can't really comment on that island. From what I could see from the ship, it looked just okay. Nothing note worthy.
Freeport should be completely DROPPED from these ports of call. No beach. Highly industrialized. The shopping was a joke....over priced dresses and garbage jewelry as far as the eye could see.
Very poor living conditions slightly beyond the dock area. Old tires washed up on shore.....etc etc.
A huge downer to an already mediocre trip !!!

- The food on the buffet lines was tolerable at best. Everything mostly laden with grease and oil.
It was a little challenging to find something healthy, but I was very grateful for the fresh fruit and salad bar. The oriental food was pretty good too, but I noticed that meats and fish from previous nights menu in dining room were being used in stir fries. That was a turn off.
The ice machines were constantly breaking down and the water from tap came out warm.
Breakfast was the best meal offered.....more healthy choices.
The pizza was good and available until late hours which was nice for us night owls :)

- Dining room meals were just okay. My food was cold most of the time, and meats over cooked and tasteless. Very small portions on starters. Selection was very limited. A complimentary glass of wine would have been a nice touch, especially since you basically get robbed for your drinks all day.
Deserts were the best part of the meal as well as our wonderful server DANA....NICE JOB !!!

- I found it very challenging to find a quiet spot away from screaming kids and mind numbing stupid music to relax during the days at sea. The Serenity lounge was nice, but very crowded. There really should be 2 "adults only" areas to choose from. One was not enough on a big ship like Pride.
The jacuzzi and pool were filled to the max every day. Music was a little better back there, but very repetitive and too loud.
Every other pool area was filled to the rim with rammy hyper kids and the music being offered was comparable to the techno crap heard in young adult bars. There should have been music for EVERY age group available. I would have loved to get my groove on to some good 60's and 70's tunes. Never once heard a song from that era. I spent the week with my ipod glued to my head.

- The bar areas were comfortable and roomy, but we found most of the bar staff to be cold and stand-offish.
The ONLY bar tender that provided friendly interaction and conversation was our lovely bar maid
ILDIKA. What a breath of fresh air that girl is !!!!! So very sweet and full of smiles. She remembered our names and our favorite drinks every time we visited her bars.
A huge thanks goes out to ILDIKA for making our social times more enjoyable. She was truly a positive asset to our trip.

- The shows at night were a waste of my time. The entertainment on this ship needs a very serious overhaul. I walked out of almost every show. The games during the day were a snore. The blond british woman who heads the trivia games should find another job elsewhere. Her surly, sarcastic, passive aggressive attitude was not appreciated at all. She seemed to only tolerate the activities and was quick to add unnecessary sarcasm to a lot of the interactions. Definitely a huge negative.
The activities head JAIME was very good.....upbeat, full of energy and very witty....a very positive asset.

- We never once saw the ship's captain or the dining room matre di. They both need to make it a point to interact some with their GUESTS. I found their absence very rude.

- Our cabin vibrated horribly 24/7 making everything rattle very loudly. It was quite difficult to sleep with all that noise.
THE SEWERAGE SMELL IN THE HALLWAY WAS OBNOXIOUS !!!

- The smoking in the casino area was a complete turn off. I refused to partake in the gambling because of this.

Over all I'd rate this cruise at a 3 out of 10. Definitely will never use Carnival lines again. Big disappointment. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Main

Great view Noisy...rattling 24/7 Hallway smelled of sewerage the entire time

A TOTAL DUMP !! THIS PORT SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN ANY CRUISE EVER !!!!1
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

The herding process is a HUGE turn off !!!!!! Limited beach areas and over priced drinks and food