Carnival Paradise 1

“Maybe in another 5 years”
Cruise review of Carnival Paradise

staroyal
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Cons: Why would they not cancel this cruise? It rained 4 days straight and we were in the middle of a major tropical storm. The Lido deck was (partially) occupied maybe 10 hours total for the 4 day cruise. I felt like the whole mission of Carnival is to drain you of every dollar...Bingo, raffles, overpriced spa services, "sales" at the fun shop, annoying pictures. I get that they need to make money but the constant announcements of these "activities" over the entire ship. It was really annoying...and of course b/c it was raining they pushed the envelope with that. We were late getting off the ship and there was little regulation of passengers getting off in an organized manner = stampede. Lines to board were much worse than any aiport I have ever been to (think Newark!). Treadmills and dining tables in the main dining hall were sticky and smelled of old rags. The first night of dining was awful...undercooked meat and ceaser dressing that was literally mistaken for garlic More butter.

Pros: The service was great..especially house keeping and prep workers (so friendly and always greeted us). The food on two nights of formal dining was phenomenal. The show on the last night was great. Upper deck is great and conveniently located.

Overall I would not go back unless my kids begged me and Royal Caribbean was sold out or completely unaffordable. Royal Caribbean from here on out! Less

Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 06/30/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?