Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Bmault: Oasis June 2012

Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis June 2012

Sail Date: June 2012

I will keep this short and hopefully to the point as I have never done this before.
My wife and I are both 60 and have cruised 9 times,
The boarding process was fast and smooth and since we did all our paperwork online from the time we got to the pier until we boarded the ship took maybe 15 min. I was amazed. We got on board at 12:30.
POSITIVES:
Room: Superior Ocean view with balcony, small but efficient.
Stateroom attended friendly and got us everything we needed including bathrobes which he said were not provided.
Shows: Hairspray was fantastic a must see. Adult comedy was great. Come Fly with me was good.
Pool: My bigest fear was not being able to find a deck chair when we wanted to, but this was never a problem no matter what time we went to the pool. The Solarium was nice but because it is inclosed to a large extent hotter and more humid than the pool area.
Ship: Unbelievable big, but it never seemed crowed, except on the first day and during More parades on the Royal Promenade. All the public spaces were well done and because of the layout no one place was ever overcrowd and we had a full compliment of passengers.
GUEST RELATIONS:Problem solved with no hassel. See below
NEGATIVES:
Auqa theater dive show was not that great, the comedy auqa theater show Splish Splash was mush better.
Bahamas excursion, we booked the Atlantis Beach day. The brocher clearly states that chairs will be provided but the ticket you get onboard for the trip says they are not. I brought this up to customer service, the excursion desk was closed, and pointed this out. The girl was as miffed as I was. She called the head of the excursion department who said no chairs. She refunded our money with out a problem and said she would followup because she understood my point that this was clearly not right.
We took a $4 taxi to Atlantis, did a tour and beached back on board.

FOOD: We bought the $50 specialty dinning package which I highly recommend, if you want to eat a decent meal.
The food in the main dining room, which we only went for dinner, was by far the worst I have had on any cruise I have been on so far. Carnival, Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean, We have also been on Crystal but it is unfair to campare any of the above to them as it would be like comparing diamonds to sawdust.
Even on other Royal Caribbean cruises the food has been very good. Not on this ship.
As bad as the dinning room food was is a great as the specialty restaurants we went to were.
Chops was great soup to nuts as was Giovanni'a Table. You must have the eggplant Appetizer.
We also went to the Solarium Bistro for dinner. They completely transform it form the healthy buffet of daytime to a very romantic spot for a healthy but delicious dinner. I had the veal entry and it was great. A dinning room companion had the bison and liked it as well.

OVERALL: We had a very good time and would do it again. Oasis is an amazing ship. The only thing the ship is lacking is a bus stop, but my wife say's walking is good.

Any questions bmault@aol.com Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 9 9704