Wilderness Discoverer Cruise Review by akh345: Best company to see Alaska with!

akh345
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Best company to see Alaska with!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Ketchikan

I work in the hospitality industry in a vacation destination, and InnerSeas Discovery takes the cake on anyone I've ever worked with!! From the moment we started planning to when the captain hugged us all goodbye as we disembarked, I cannot say enough great things! The boat was well laid out and very comfortable (sleeps 60 ... I think we had 56 total on board), with lots of amenities. The cabins were more spacious than I expected (although it's still a boat cabin!), they had lectures pertaining to the area (geology, wildlife) after dinner each evening, plenty of games and cards, friendly bartender and amazing stewards. The food was the most amazing food (this sentiment was shared by all 16 in our group!)and the alcoholic drinks very very reasonably priced.

I saw another review that said it wasn't for people under 60, and I would disagree. The boat was a great 'jumping off' point and mode of transportation, but we were very active every day. Every day we had options to do More something: kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, hiking, skiff tours, snorkling, overnight camping, yoga class, and on and on. And if you wanted to stay on the boat, sit in the hot tub or take a nap, no problem! I would agree that the majority of people on the boat were 45+ in age, but everyone was active.

I can't think of a better way to see South East Alaska or a better company to do it with! Less

Read more Wilderness Discoverer cruise reviews >>