Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by cruisingtheocean

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by cruisingtheocean
Carnival Fantasy
Cabin Number: U21
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Had a BLAST!!
Embarkation:

Not the smoothest process ever! The port tries very hard to keep traffic flowing and in the right direction; however, it is still kind of a mess. We arrived early (10:30) because we knew from past experience you can get on the ship early. The port particularly allows passengers to board at 11:00. So do not show up earlier than that because they will make you exit the port and wait until then to try again. We were dropped off and did not have to park so I can not speak of how parking is. Once we were dropped off, you (as in everyone, parking or not) must get on a shuttle bus to the ship. The security and check in process took us about 15 minutes. It can feel a lot longer because the ship is right there and you are ready to be on vacation!

The Boat:

The Carnival Fantasy is a smaller ship as well as shows her age in places. I am not saying it is ran down; however, you can tell she is an older boat. It offered all the basic amenities that most boats offer (a couple water slides, an adult deck--no pool just hot tubs, and a pool on the main deck. The pool on the main deck can get very crowded so if swimming is your thing--get there early on sea days!!! The Serenity Deck is this way as well--get there early to stake your claim on sea days.

The buffet leaves little to be desired but offers traditional American fare such as burgers, fries, usually some kind of pasta, and other "normal" buffet food. The dining room was very good. We did anytime dining which as AMAZING! I didn't feel like I was being shuffled through dinner but that I was actually eating at a restaurant. The wait staff was amazing and did sing on occasion to entertain as you ate. The line can get long during peak dinner times but they move it rather quickly.

The shows were great but there were only 2. If you like Bingo this is the ship for you! It feels like there was always a Bingo game going on somewhere on the ship. The comedy was great as well!

Ports:

I was expecting much more than what I saw. The Bahamas is a beautiful place, but the ports are "eh". The staff even commented on how "crappy" Freeport is. The local women were so consumed with the "cruisers" buying there stuff. They would yell at you "Hey pretty lady, come look at my shop" constantly. It was a little annoying. I was under the impression that I would get to see more beach--but that wasn't the case. Overall, it was okay. It is a place I can say "Been there, done that" and check it off the list.

Debarkation:

The Carnival Fantasy does Silent Debarkation which was great! It was so smooth and easy to get off the ship. We were off the ship and in our car in less than 20 minutes.

Overall:

As a whole, the vacation was AMAZING! I saw crystal clear blue water, relaxed, and got to cruise!

Publication Date: 06/28/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by cruisingtheocean
More Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews