Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by jennvafl

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4

Please read if considering celebration
I never write reviews but I alway find them helpful so this time it was worth writing, for your own help, I hope. My husband and I got the groupon voucher for 2 night cruise with celebration cruise line. We sailed from a west palm beach port, not really nice. Check in, in our case was fast bc we both had US passports, but other line was extremely long. You have to valet your car there too, and upon receiving it when we returned it had small dent and scratch from what looks like another car door :/ .

Anywho, after our checkin you are immediately sucked into their many attempts to get you to buy from them. Dinner reservations, do NOT reserve at their new restaurant Rock grille, it's an extra $20/ person and the crystal dining restaurant (included w fare) is much better. Rock grille is a very small, awkward area, not a room, it's new and they are trying it out on passengers. You have to cook your food on hot rocks, which is neat but nothing else about it was nice. My husband did not finish his food, amazing, he did not care for the meat or the soggy vegetables they provided. You are better off going to crystal dining both nights!

Ship is outdated, felt like we were in the 80's maybe early 90's. Our room wasn't too small it was a decent size for both of us, we weren't cramped. Only downfall was the speakers are literally at the head of the bead, so when mandatory captain announcements came on, they played right at our ears!! We found this hysterical, and very annoying. Not good is traveling with little ones who need naps bc it's very loud.

Crew was nice, but I didn't care for the ship too much. The swimming pool was a human fish tank, very small and weird. Shows were pretty good, good ones only from 7pm - 10pm. Look into other ships and low budget cruises, I am looking into carnival or just save up to do Disney in a couple years. Oh and where we port in Bahamas is ghetto, and you must find transportation to port lucaya, about 11 miles away, we took group taxi, $10 round trip for each. We did not care for the beach. Everyone is trying to sell you something, weed, tours, excursions, I felt like I was saying "no thank you" the whole time I was there.

Publication Date: 06/28/12