“Royal Caribbean family oriented”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

CleoandAnthony Navigator of the Seas 4 Royal Caribbean family oriented
CleoandAnthony
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first R.C. cruise and Navigator is the biggest I've cruised with. The centre Royal Promenade is very enjoyable, but was packed like sardines when they hold activities or sales. Good selection of shops. The 8 storey atrium was very impressive and loved all the view points from the decks. The main 2 pool area crowded, noisy,children everywhere. Lack of parental controls, so not able to relax and sunbathe, young ones not potty trained were in pools and hot tubs. Thankfully there is a great,but too small, adult area pool with 2 hot tubs, small 'sun' deck (people vying for chairs in the sun), lots of shaded area, all with great padded loungers. Bar drink prices high, and can't recall any waiter service. My superior Stateroom Deck 9 was a good size, great storage, cute bathroom, plus adequate balcony, all furnishings very nice. Much better room size and furnishings than my ms Zuiderdam deluxe verandah stateroom. Wish smoking would be banned from balconies as I often had to go back in due to adjacent smokers. Windjammer buffet restaurant had great variety, I enjoyed the food. Quite noisy, busy with majority being families, so at meal times hard to get a seat, and people pushing/jumping in and out to buffet tables. Table clean-up service can't keep up.I don't partake in many activities normally, but adequate number offered. Evening shows disappointing (Princess & Holland much better). Normally I prefer 'dine as you want' but had to take 6pm seating. Was pleasantly surprised as our long table was half empty, only 8 of us which worked out well for small talk and decent food wait times. Reasonable menu but limited vegetarian options (Holland was best). Most times we rated food as 'ok', sometimes good, but no raves, none excellent. I felt cruise had perfect number of ports, good selection of excursions. All arrangements went well. Note that port of Souda in Crete was unsightly industrial, nothing to see or do. Ensure you book excursion as everyone raved about them and how lovely town of Chania was. Sicily/Messini: I chose 'Taormina on your own'. Fabulous, must see. Quaint town, well done up, tons of shopping, many cafes/restaurants, but busy with tourists. I got lost & dead-ended on lovely narrow steep streets several times, but can't complain as it was a charming place to wander. I would say the cruise was 50% Italian, mostly families, 30-40% were english speaking (US, Can, UK & Austrialian), remainder spoke other languages.
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9666
Cabin 9666 was good size, great furnishings, great storage, decent balcony. Very close to back end of ship.

Ephesus
'Highlights of Ephesus tour 4 hours. Fab archeological site walking tour in Ephesus. Then ended in Kusadasi at carpet shop with good info session, good shopping, and just few minutes walk back to ship.
Read 213 Ephesus Reviews
Published 06/28/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?