Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Santa Rosa: Allure of the Seas- Vegas on Water

Santa Rosa
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas- Vegas on Water

Sail Date: June 2012

Allure of the Seas - Best ship/cruise I have ever been on. Traveled with my husband and 2 girls 17 & 19. Had 2 Oceanview rooms on deck 3. Very quiet and close to elevators. (I-pod speaker in room is very good quality and Royal even has Fox News unlike Carnival)

Arrived in Fort Lauderdale around 10:45 a.m. and it was very confusing to drop off luggage due to people still leaving the ship but once luggage was left at curb, everything was a breeze and we were having lunch at Park Cafe by 11:45 a.m.

My goal was never to see the Windjammer and I can tell you that I never even walked into it. I am not a buffet person (Pack of dogs scenario is not for me).

Purchased the 3 speciality restaurants for $55 per person (Normal cost would of been $75). (Got Chops Grille, Samba Grill & Giovanti's Italian) All good but Giovanti's was the best. The other 4 nights ate with My Time Dining and was able to get 7:30 p.m. reservations all 4 nights. My Time is the way to go More and we even had the same waiter in My Time each night.

Starbucks is great and they even take your Gold Card. By day 3 they knew my drink of choice. Also do not miss the Hot Dog place at the Boardwalk they had many great sausages and great rolls. Sit Down Breakfast and Lunch were also great. No need to go the Windjammer!!

Bars were all great but because my husband and I like Speciality Beer, we went to the Beer Pub on deck 5 the most.

Entertainment was all good, but we enjoyed the Comedian Show the Best. All were very professional though. Don't miss the 70's street party on Friday and the Parade on Monday morning both great.

Also saw Madegascar3 in 3D on the ship which was a surprise.

Booked an all inclusive resort in Jamaica through Jamaicaforaday.com. Went to Hilton Rose Hall resort for the day. Drinks, food, transportation, beach, pool, swim up bar, and water park all included. Had a great sit down lunch right on the beach. Fabulous.

Now for my one big problem. My children both college age, were harassed each and every night multiple times right when the clock reached 1:00 a.m. At 1:00 a.m. all of these security guards go all around the ship and tell young adults to go to bed. This was even happening by the pizza guy at Sorentos. Granted my 1 daughter was 2 months from being 18 but has already graduated high school. It was so bad that I got my clothes on to make sure they were correct and yes you see many security guards out and about. Also my 19 year and 17 year old could not do anything together. 19 was too old for teen club and 17 year was not allowed in any discos etc. They would not make any exceptions because I tried. We were on the Freedom of the Seas 3 years ago and did not have this problem at all. Anyway- my kids will both be 21 before I take them on Royal Again.

Also-Many spanish foreigners and they were somewhat rude with the elevator etc. They did not understand that people should be able to leave the elevator before they start piling in.

All in all it was a great cruise though. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>