Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by MissMatilda: Not to be repeated

Not to be repeated

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Was really looking forward to travelling with Royal Carribean however I don't think I would use them again for various reasons:

- Found initial reception onto the ship impersonal.
- First day was wasted as you couldnt access your room until 2pm and there was a fire drill which was complusory for all new guests at 4pm. Afternoon was totally wasted.
- Windjammer restaurant food varied on quality depending on time and day. Decor was also very poor as was service.
- The ship lacked being informative and clear on services that were free and services that were payable.
- Charged for shuttle buses to and from large ports. Valenica was charging $15 per person however none of the shops are open on Sundays (wasted port of call)
- Excursions were extremely expensive: Pisa at its cheapest was $89 however we got to the tower and back for 15 euro on public transport *highly recommend*
- The boat itself lacked in entertainment, Ice show was the only exception.
- More We had pre paid our gratuities up front as our travel agent advised this however onboard we still had to pay a service charge on all bar drinks, excursions and any other payments outside your food.
- The drinks are very over priced and measures were very strong making drinks undrinkable at times. Less measures and lower prices would have been better.
- Gym is small and has no air con
- I noticed the boat could be very rocky at night, something I've never noticed on Thomson Cruises.

Pros:

- Our room was extremely clean and room attendants couldn't have been nicer.
- Main restaurant is beautiful and food was exceptional as were staff.
- Ice show is must see!
- Cigarettes are cheap onboard ship.
- Getting on and off at ports was hassle free.

Recommendations:

- Research your ports as making your own way is definitely cheaper.
- Go for My Time Dining - 8.30 is a good time
- Don't bring beach towels as they are provided by the poolside each day for you.
- Tea Coffee Water and Homemade lemonade is free from Windjammer
- Days at Sea would advised you to get a sun lounger earlier and not to leave it as people were without loungers on several days
- Cookies must be tried and soft ice cream is free

I liked my holiday and it was very relaxing but I prefer smaller ships as I felt like a number not a customer.

If you have booked to go already, DO NOT WORRY you will enjoy it.

If you are thinking of going I would recommend Island Cruises. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 6

spacious, clean, bathroon fair size for a cabin, good size balcony, quiet and bed very comfy.