Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by CruiserSchmoozer

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by CruiserSchmoozer
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: CruiserSchmoozer
Cruise Date: December 2011
Cabin Category: O1
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

I'm Daniel or Mr. Greene, not Mr. Daniel. Thanks!
THE BAD

Embarkation was a mess. We all seemed to be herded to the buffet, which was so crowded we could not find a table inside or out. It was the most uncomfortable experience I remember ever having on a cruise (except for the time it took us five hours to disembark from a Princess cruise six years ago).

The cleanliness of the stateroom was below par. The overhead vent in the shower was completely clogged with dust, and I had to use the crimp end of a toothpaste tube to scrape it out. Same thing to a lesser degree with the vent above the toilet. The mirrors and glass art coverings in the room had smudges, streaks, etc., and that never improved even after I complained. The steward didn't understand my complaint. I said their was dust clogging the vents in the bathroom and the mirrors and glass frames of paintings in the room were dirty. He thought I wanted him to take everything we had off the glass shelves in the bathroom and clean the glass. He did all that, and the stateroom itself still looked bad; besides, we had to reorganize all our things he had moved around on the vanity shelves.

We loved Indigo, but the second night we ate there, the fish was dry and extremely salty, the Caesar salad was swimming in dressing, and they served vanilla ice cream with the pecan pie even though the menu said it came with chocolate ice cream. After I asked them for chocolate ice cream, I waited for five or ten minutes to get it. I told Mr. P of all these things that night, and he invited us back with a free bottle of wine. We returned, and were treated very well. Still, the Caesar salad had way too much dressing on it, so I had to send it back. Also, the hostess and our waitress couldn't get our names right. I go by my first name and my husband goes by the nick name of his middle name. He doesn't mind being called by his first name, but I am never called by my middle name. Personally, I don't like this "Mr. First_Name" custom, either. I would rather be called "Mr. Last_Name" or just First_Name. In any case, they should have gotten our names right, but they always mixed them up.

THE GOOD

Entertainment was great, most of the food was good, most of the ship was clean, most of the crew were friendly and helpful (yes, even the well-meaning ones who called me "Mr. Daniel"), bars were good, drinks were great, buffets were well-stocked (the only trouble was finding places to sit). We had a great time and we are sailing on NCL again this December.

Publication Date: 06/27/12