“The Beauty of Alaska”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
To start, I have a 6 year old son so decided that maybe a Disney cruise was in order. It was quite a bit more expensive than the Carnival cruises I am used to but decided to do it anyway. I can say that as far as food,service,most anything else it was about the same. Food was good but not great.The service was very good.Everyone was wonderful. The ship was nice and our oceanview room was of course small but we were comfortable. I am just saying this to let you know that for all the cruisers that have been on numerous cruises like I have, Disney was no different in these ways. The Disney part of the cruise was great. I love Disney and it was delivered in spades. The shows were all Disney themed and better than the shows on Carnival. Great productions and very fun to watch. The characters were always around and ready for a photo opportunity. Now lets talk about Alaska. Before this, all of my past cruises were carrabean. When I think of vacation I think of sun and sand. Boy was I wrong. I have never seen anything to rival the beauty of Alaska. The cruise through Tracy Arm was beyond amazing. The whale watching in Juneau and train ride in Skagway were both wonderful.I was first worried about the cold and rain. Trust me it is not that cold and the rain is light and a rain coat is all you need. It was no bother at all. Don't forget to see Mendenhall Glacier. It is breathtaking. Enjoy your cruise. I have so much more to say but am out of space.
Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9B2082
The room was good. The split bathroom is nice. It was small but had plenty of drawers for unpacking clothes. I say small but no different than other cruises I have taken. Bed was comfortable and fold out couch was perfect for my 6 year old.

Mendenhall Glacier
Because of the excursion we took we were only here for an hour. Very disappointing. I wish we could have stayed longer. It was beautiful and there were trails that lead to the glacier and waterfall that I wanted to take but did not have time.
Whale Watching
We saw many whales and had a good time. Not much else to say. We boarded a boat that was spacious and enclosed in case it rains. I would love to say it was a great experience but we saw a lot of whales spouting but not much else. It is very unusual to see whales jumping out of the water like you see on t.v.
Potlatch Park
Totem poles and not much else. We met a man that makes totem poles and learned a little about how the early Alaskans lived. It was nice but not an experience to remember.
Port
The only reason I rated it so low is due to we were only there for a couple hours. It looked like a beautiful city but there was no time to see it.
Read 771 Victoria Reviews
Published 06/26/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?