Disney Wonder Cruise Review by osuwarman

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 9B
Cabin Number: 2082
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
The Beauty of Alaska
To start, I have a 6 year old son so decided that maybe a Disney cruise was in order. It was quite a bit more expensive than the Carnival cruises I am used to but decided to do it anyway. I can say that as far as food,service,most anything else it was about the same. Food was good but not great.The service was very good.Everyone was wonderful. The ship was nice and our oceanview room was of course small but we were comfortable. I am just saying this to let you know that for all the cruisers that have been on numerous cruises like I have, Disney was no different in these ways.

The Disney part of the cruise was great. I love Disney and it was delivered in spades. The shows were all Disney themed and better than the shows on Carnival. Great productions and very fun to watch. The characters were always around and ready for a photo opportunity.

Now lets talk about Alaska. Before this, all of my past cruises were carrabean. When I think of vacation I think of sun and sand. Boy was I wrong. I have never seen anything to rival the beauty of Alaska. The cruise through Tracy Arm was beyond amazing. The whale watching in Juneau and train ride in Skagway were both wonderful.I was first worried about the cold and rain. Trust me it is not that cold and the rain is light and a rain coat is all you need. It was no bother at all. Don't forget to see Mendenhall Glacier. It is breathtaking. Enjoy your cruise. I have so much more to say but am out of space.

Publication Date: 06/26/12
Read the Alaska ports review by osuwarman
More Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews