Carnival Dream Cruise Review by windycitymom

Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: 6M
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great time on the Carnival Dream!
Put me in the category of "Loved sailing on the Dream!" The negative reviews had me a little worried, but my worries were quickly dispelled once we got on the ship.

We sailed with our two boys, ages 19 and 22. We had a family deluxe ocean view cabin which included two separate sink/shower areas. That was perfect when traveling four adults in a room. I loved having the ocean view window and we would take turns sitting up there just watching the view. Our boys loved the beds and said they were very comfortable. Even my 19 year old who is 6' and had the top bunk said his bed was awesome and very comfortable. We always bring extra wire hangers because there are never enough in the closet. We had plenty of room in the cabin.

We were very pleased with the food and had no complaints. We would get omelets made every morning. We had a great dining room experience and thought our waiters did a great job. They were always working very hard and very busy, but they took the time to know our names and what we drank at dinner. Some nights we ordered multiple appetizers, main courses and desserts and they took our order with a smile. We didn't see the need to spend extra money to eat in the Steak House. We had great choices on our menu. My son tried the flat iron steak and thought it was okay. The lobster tail and shrimp on elegant night was delicious! There were so many choices in the MDR that there was no reason not to find something on the menu that you liked. We ate at 6 pm and were probably out by 7:30 pm most nights.

The pizza and sandwiches on the lido deck were great too. We did room service in the morning and would wake up with by having coffee and fruit/pastries delivered. Don't forget to check out the make your own pasta bar! That was great too.

We did the hot tub and that was very nice. The Serenity Deck with very nice too. There was always staff cleaning or a waiter asking if he could take your drink order. It was great to have the waiter bring a bucket of cold bear to the hot tub.

The only thing I didn't like was the number of people who would cram themselves into the elevator. For the most part, we took the stairs but sometimes you don't want to walk up 10 flights at once. People would say "oh you could fit two more in" and cram in. These same people would then get off the elevator two floors later. Really - you can't walk up two flights?

I don't know why I bothered packing my gym shoes and gym clothes as I never made it to the gym, but my son worked out daily. I would have gone if they would have offered a Zumba class, but I don't use free weights or a treadmill. They did offer a pilates class but who wants to get up at 7:30 am while on vacation? I was kind of surprised to see a $12 charge for pilates. I thought I would walk the running track, but that didn't happen either LOL.

We loved sailing on the Dream and wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.

Publication Date: 06/26/12