Grande Mariner Cruise Review by chicagoparis

Embarkation: other
Destination: U.S.A.
Cabin Category: 3rd
Cabin Number: 40B
See More About: Grande Mariner Cruise Reviews | U.S.A. Cruise Reviews | Blount Small Ship Adventures Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Grande Mariner Review (by Cruise Critic!)
June 16th 2012 Lake Michigan Cruise
My wife and I sailed on the Grande Mariner from June 16th to June 23rd out of Navy Pier in Chicago. The cruise took us to a number of different ports including Mackinaw, Sturgeon Bay and Milwaukee. For a small ship, 69 passengers and 18 crew, it was well maintained and the food was excellent. The baked goods were consistently some of the best I have ever eaten. Most of the passengers were older than us but we had a great time talking with them. They are all young at heart.

Our cabin was in the second to the best tier, room 40B. Small but quite comfortable and perfectly located. The crew was professional, the captain was seasoned, Lisa the cruise director was on top of things and the baker Kristen was friendly and as previously mentioned one of the best bakers I have ever come across. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing time with great food I would recommend this cruise.

Publication Date: 06/26/12