Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ktm71: Great Cruise! Terrific Staff!

ktm71
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Canada & New England Cruises

Great Cruise! Terrific Staff!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

We decided at the last minute to take a Cruise with our kids from Boston, and the Carnival Glory fit the bill for timing.

Location: We were a little concerned about being on the 8th floor under the Lido deck, and in fact we could hear scraping sounds at night from above. But we brought our sound machine, which really helped mask the noise. The location was actually fine, we were able to get to dinner and all the clubs with a quick walk. I do think next time I'd try for the Lido deck cabins. We were thrilled that those around us in nearby cabins were not smoking on their balconies (later we found out that port rooms are supposed to be smoke free even on the balconies).

Staff: The staff was all terrific, especially Josh the cruise director who really did an amazing job keeping us entertained - especially the murder mystery, love and marriage, morning show, hairy chest contest, and towel folding demonstration. All our wait staff and housekeeping staff were also More terrific.

Ports: We really enjoyed Halifax and the Hop on Hop Off Bus tour was fun - we loved the Maritime museum. St. John was kinda boring, though the people were incredibly friendly. I think if I went again I'd take one of the excursions that took you out of town.

Food: Some of the food was great - like various breads, fish and chips, certain soups and salads, pastas, and the chicken fingers. Much of the food was mediocre - like the mongolian grill, burritos, ice cream, and Pizza. And some was just plain terrible - like the eggs benedict, banana cream pie, and fried zucchini, shrimp, and calamari fritters.

Steakhouse: We loved the steakhouse meal so much that we immediately booked for the next night. It was totally worth the $35 extra. The only disappointment was we actually liked our bread in the regular dining room better than those in the steakhouse.

Pools: Overall we were pretty happy with the quality and number of pools and hot tubs. My older son loved the water slide. We were glad we brought goggles, the sea water in the pools really hurt the kids eyes. The adult aft pool was usually empty, I wish instead there was a pool in the serenity area and then the aft pool could be a normal pool. The serenity area was really nice and quiet.

Other Tips: My husband loved the behind the scenes tour and thought he really got his money's worth. BRING A POWER STRIP! Only one place to plug in stuff in the cabin. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8434

Nice Balcony, some noise from above, great storage space, tiny bathroom, nice powerful shower.

City Tour

(4)
Hop on Hop Off Lots to do on the route. Halifax was nice. Busses came often enough to encourage getting off the bus.

City Tour

(3)
Hop on Hop Off Was exactly what you would expect - though they probably should have had more busses on the route. Waiting was a drag.