Zenith Cruise Review by mopps4life

Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Zenith Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Pullmantur Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Zenith Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Zenith Deck Plans
3 Star ship...5 STAR SERVICE!!!
After attempting to find information about this cruise line and seeing that there was very little, and what we did find was a little so-so to negative, we were nervous to say the least. However, I have nothing but good things to say about this cruise!

Even though most everything was in spanish on the ship, it did not bother us in the slightest. Everything that was needed to be heard in english was given. The crew was very friendly, and most spoke english as well. There was probably only 15 +/- english speaking passengers on the cruise.

The fact that this cruise was all inclusive was even better! Wine and beer free flowed at dinner...your glass was NEVER empty! The wine was not bad either with a few choices. The food was very good as well. The only bill you have at the end of the cruise is for your gratuities, any excursions you booked (not recommended if you can't speak spanish, transfers are okay though), premium drinks, or duty free shopping. I will say the shopping was not so great if you wanted to buy clothes. The brand they mostly sold was Tommy Hilfiger and it was way overpriced for US standards and Duty free in my opinion. But I didn't come on a ship to shop.

The staff at our dinner service was OUTSTANDING! Nothing was too much trouble and they were very friendly and professional. It was probably one of the highlights of our trip. They seated us with other English speakers, so there was plenty of conversation at dinner. Yes, the early seating for dinner was at 8pm, but sometimes you didn't get back from your day until later. That allowed you time to get ready and relax.

The bar staff was also great, they would remember what drinks you liked and have them ready for you soon after you arrived in the bar. The cleaning staff was also great. I have nothing to compare this cruise to. I felt the rooms were average, but comfortable a cleaned to a good standard. They were actually bigger than I had imagined, so I was pleasantly surprised.

The ship itself was in good shape and clean through out, well maintained. The pool was small, but we were going to beaches on shore, so that wasn't important to us. We used the gym a few times, some of the equipment needed repair.

I wouldn't recommend the shows. They are all in Spanish, so if you can't speak Spanish it is a waste of time.

Overall we were very impressed with this cruise and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind being around a different culture. This isn't the latest state-of-the-art cruise ship, but it was a great time anyway. The wonderful crew and the all-inclusive make it a no-brainer if you ask me! I would definitely recommend this cruise to others. In fact, we are thinking of taking another Pullmantur cruise because we thought so highly of it!

Publication Date: 06/26/12
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by mopps4life
More Zenith Cruise Reviews

Read the next Zenith review

More Zenith Reviews
3 Star ship...5 STAR SERVICE!!!

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews