Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Air3000: Majesty of the Seas

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty of the Seas

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas

This is my 2nd time on the Majesty. I went on it in 2009 and had a blast with absolutely no issues at all. I was expecting the same this time, but it turns out, the boat has changed a little. The Majesty of the Seas is very old and one of the smallest ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet. The rooms were very small (I think 119ft.), and when we sailed, the rooms squeaked IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, keeping me up for about 2hrs., which made me very tired the last day of the cruise. Our stateroom attendant, Eriyanto, was very nice and friendly to me and the rest of my family. Also, one of the waitresses at the Schooner Bar, Myra, was good and very funny, too. Everyone else on the ship wasn't that good. it took some time for our waiter, Wayan, to get it together. But by the end of the cruise, he was great. The assistant waiter (I believe his name is Goren), was terrible. He forget to give me a menu and forgot about bread twice. It even took him ten minutes to come to get his tip from us! More The cruise ship needs some work and the employees are very overworked.

Activities were great! The host of all the trivia, Sam, was very pleasant and nice. Other games like finish the lyric were exciting, and we had many outstanding singers in karaoke. The pool deck was never that crowded, which was a plus to our family, and the food, like always, was great!

The destinations was another reason why our family decided to come on this cruise. Nassau has a lot of shops and will keep you very busy. CocoCay wasn't all that great. The water was full of rocks and there wasn't much to do. It was more like a deserted island. Key West is fun! Shops, food, and tourist attractions all over the place. You will never get bored, but prepare to walk! That night I was up for 2 hrs, we were in Key West the next day. It was torture by the time we got back to the ship! But I highly recommend these destinations.

Overall, I'd give this cruise a 7 out of 10. A very old ship, and will probably be the next to leave the fleet after the Monarch of the Seas. If you're new to cruising, this cruise is perfect! I'd even try the 3 night cruise on the weekends that go to CocoCay and Nassau. But if you're an experienced cruiser, you might want to look at a bigger ship. I highly recommend the Grandeur or the Enchantment of the Seas. We will be back on a Royal Caribbean ship hopefully soon. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>