Disney Wonder Cruise Review by ihatecruising: Good for families

Good for families

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

As you can tell from my username, I'm not a cruiser. However, this is my second cruise that I have gone on for the sake of the others I cruised with. I also have no children so I would normally never go on a Disney cruise, but for the sake of family, we went.

We were told before going that our 3, 4 and 10 year old family members would love the kids' clubs so much that they wouldn't want to leave - that was part of the draw of going on a Disney cruise. However, none of them liked the clubs, and we had to bribe them to go there when we wanted any "adult time." Huge disappointment. We were told the counselors didn't give them much attention and that the computers weren't working well in the Oceaneer Lab.

The food, as other reviews have pointed out, was also not so great. It wasn't terrible or inedible, but I definitely was not in any danger of overindulging.

The service, on the other hand, was very good. We had incredible service from everyone on board - More especially our servers and our room host.

The cabin was also very nice and relatively spacious. I would definitely splurge on a verandah - especially if you're traveling to Alaska. We didn't have to brave the crowds to see Tracy Arm; we just leisurely stood on our balcony. I also liked the split bathroom, making it convenience for sharing a small bathroom.

The fitness center was great too. Lots of equipment and floor to ceiling windows facing the front of the ship so you can see where we're headed. The spa is also at the front with windows, and I got to see Tracy Arm while I was getting my treatment. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck Five 6542

Great balcony, good location between the forward and mid elevators/stairs; same floor as the laundry facilities

Hiking

(4)
Our guide was a bit of a novice, but the hike itself was beautiful and about 5 miles.
Read 11 Hiking Reviews

Total tourist town. Gets lots of rain. Stop by Ketchicandies for chocolate covered oreos.

Rafting

(5)
We had great guides and saw dozens of bald eagles. It was a bit early in the season so floating down the river was a bit difficult in some portions (the water wasn't deep enough so we got stuck a few times), but it was a lot of fun.

It would have been a great stop, except that we were only there between 7 and 10 p.m. on a Sunday so there wasn't much we could do. Beautiful city, though.
Read 558 Victoria Reviews