Disney Wonder Cruise Review by ihatecruising

Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 5C
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
        3-6 1.0
        10-12 1.0

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Good for families
As you can tell from my username, I'm not a cruiser. However, this is my second cruise that I have gone on for the sake of the others I cruised with. I also have no children so I would normally never go on a Disney cruise, but for the sake of family, we went.

We were told before going that our 3, 4 and 10 year old family members would love the kids' clubs so much that they wouldn't want to leave - that was part of the draw of going on a Disney cruise. However, none of them liked the clubs, and we had to bribe them to go there when we wanted any "adult time." Huge disappointment. We were told the counselors didn't give them much attention and that the computers weren't working well in the Oceaneer Lab.

The food, as other reviews have pointed out, was also not so great. It wasn't terrible or inedible, but I definitely was not in any danger of overindulging.

The service, on the other hand, was very good. We had incredible service from everyone on board - especially our servers and our room host.

The cabin was also very nice and relatively spacious. I would definitely splurge on a verandah - especially if you're traveling to Alaska. We didn't have to brave the crowds to see Tracy Arm; we just leisurely stood on our balcony. I also liked the split bathroom, making it convenience for sharing a small bathroom.

The fitness center was great too. Lots of equipment and floor to ceiling windows facing the front of the ship so you can see where we're headed. The spa is also at the front with windows, and I got to see Tracy Arm while I was getting my treatment.

Publication Date: 06/25/12
Read the Alaska ports review by ihatecruising
More Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews