“China with Viking”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I recently returned from the Imperial Jewels trip through Viking River Cruises. This ws our second trip with Viking. We also purchased the extension to Guilin and Hong Kong as well as all flights through Viking. If you a looking for an excellent survey course to China, this tour to well worth the cost. With the sites and tours given you will see a great deal that China has to offer. I call it a survey course because each city, each province could be an entire vacation in itself. There are other tours even by Viking that change are a little different but most of them include the same locations. I choose the Beijing to Shanghai route because it gave me an extra day to myself in Beijing. My wife and I used this to use the Beijing subway and visit sites not on the tour. I chose Viking because it is a first class operation. I love the level of the hotels used and of course their ships are always first class. I was exposed to several of the tour escorts and really enjoyed their efforts on my behalf. The tour escort I was assigned to was incredible and really made the trip special. Others I met not in our group swore they had the best tour escort? When you keep hearing this, it says something for the quality of Vikings TE's. If I had one concern about the trip was the number of shopping sites we were taken to. My wife and I are not great shoppers so this may not be a fair statement, but I might have rather seen some other site. The Guilin-Hong Kong extension was very enjoyable. I liked the free time on our own to explore the city as we wished. The hotel was on the harbor which added to the experience.
Viking Emerald Cruises to Asia

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Emerald Review
Viking Emerald Cruises to Asia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?