Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Happy G: Friendliest ship ever!

Happy G
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Friendliest ship ever!

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We went as a party of 12, 6 couples. We, and 2 of the couples were pretty seasoned cruisers. The others were first timers and apprehensive (I should add that these three booked another Thomson's cruise, on board, the night before we docked!)
From the time we got on the aircraft at Stansted, everything worked like clockwork. Transfers were efficient and comfortable and the arrangements for disembarkation, whether on foot, or by tender at our various ports of call was seamless.
We cruised the west Med from Palma, Mallorca
The food on board was plentiful, with loads of choice and delicious. With 24 hour rolling dining, eating is casual and convenient. We did have dinner every night at the same time in the main restaurant and got to know our waiters well, their service was friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I know tips were included, but we felt they deserved a bit more appreciation on our last night. All the staff on the ship were Filipino and they were happy and More friendly and enhanced our holiday on board no end!
The standard of entertainment would have done the West End proud with highly talented singers and dancers. I think the Thomson Dream ticked all the boxes for us and we all agreed we had, had a great time on board.
Downside: Well I have to speak as a smoker here and it was hard work being segregated to areas of decks above main decks to go for a smoke, people would be coming and going many times a day and these trips became hard work. I can't blame Thomson's because it's the same down my local and they would probably get complaints from other passengers, but they used to have one side on an outside deck for smokers which was less effort and more convivial, so it's a sign of the times globally, but it don't suit me.
To summarise, a great, do as you please cruise with very good value for money. Would I book again? Definitely! Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 1644

Our cabin was spacious, comfortable and well kept