Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by NinaNicole21

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by NinaNicole21
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: NinaNicole21
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Dining 5+

Underwhelming Experience but Excellent Customer Service
As this was my first cruise there was a lot to learn. There were things that I loved and things that absolutely went wrong.

The things I loved about Explorer of the Seas:

By far the best customer service I have ever experienced. I would hear people complain about some really silly things and they handled it perfectly. (i.e one couple always wanted to sit at the window for dinner. Our meal time was 8:30pm and its pitch black!) Our stateroom attendant Dee was excellent and went above and beyond the call of duty.

The food served in the main dining room was delicious. No need to go to the specialty restaurants. The windjammer cafe was good for breakfast and a quick snack. NO WASHY NO FOODY!

The things I wish were better:

The rooms were a decent size but severely outdated. It could seriously use a face lift and a deeper cleaning.

The activities on board weren't suited for my age group. They became very repetitive and all the activities were mainly at night. I'm not a huge night owl so it left me with sitting by the pool all day or how to learn to play bridge. They could improve the options for the under 35 crowd by a lot.

Our ports were beautiful but the stay was too shore. Especially in Puerto Rico. We arrived at 7am. Nothing opened until 9am. We had to be back on the boat at 12:30pm. We barely had any time to see Old San Juan let alone anything else.

It was a good first experience and I know what to look for next time. I don't know when I will cruise again but I wouldn't rule out Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 06/25/12