Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Suyuri: Good First Cruise

Good First Cruise

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Amsterdam

This was my first cruise so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a pleasant surprise. My friend and I booked a balcony room which was ample enough space for being on a ship. I was a little nervous about getting seasick, but didn't have any issues until the second night we were sailing due to the rough northern Baltic waves.

I really liked the cruise staff and they made me feel at home. They were extremely friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic. Our waiter and assistant waiter had a lot of interesting stories to share with us. Our cabin was also immaculate every time we came back from anywhere on the ship or a port because our stateroom attendant took really good care of us. I also liked the ship's entertainers and performers. We saw them several times hanging out in the ship and would strike up a conversation with them.

The ports we visited were beautiful and breathtaking. I don't think I was able to see much due to the limited amount of time we had so my More biggest takeaway is to make sure that you book an excursion when visiting. We took wonderful pictures in Geiranger and Olden. Alesund and Bergen could have been explored more in depth if we knew where we were going. We did hit Bergen on their Constitution Day so that was interesting seeing everyone in their national costumes.

Overall, I liked how well kept the ship was and the amount of massive windows where you can look out to sea. It was peaceful and relaxing and I loved seeing the frothiness of the waves. I would definitely go back on a cruise again with Royal Caribbean because it left a great impression on me. Perhaps next time, I will try a Caribbean or Alaskan or Mediterranean cruise. Less

Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Brilliance of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8564

This was the port we sailed out from. I love Amsterdam and its liberal/green atmosphere!