Golden Princess Cruise Review by Enjoythejourney: Golden Princess Inside Passage
Overall Member Rating
Golden Princess Inside Passage
Golden Princess Inside Passage cruise.
- Seattle definitely needs a new terminal, but signage instructions would be nice (luggage check-in versus people check-in). (We travel light and don't need to check bags.)
- Since we checked in after 1 p.m., most of the passengers were boarded, but the cue barricades were still up -- weave, weave, weave.
- Our line was stalled by the photographer. We don't want our photo taken. More waiting ruins the joy and excitement of boarding -- wait here, wait there, wait everywhere.
- Embarkation day notes: We were told snacks/lunch was being served in the Horizon Court. Didn't expect the horrendously long lines. Had to ask to find the burger/pizza place. (Noted ceiling fans by the grill were coated with 1/4" dirt. Yummy.)
- Morning buffet food is adequate, but hard to get to. Because the area is so small, people cue up all around the area like little sheep. Tables not More cleared quickly. Think the stewards take too much time serving coffee and juice. I can pour my own coffee, but I can't clear tables.
- Scrambled eggs taste like what I imagine sawdust to taste like.
- Lunch buffet is similar, but less cuing. Variety is okay.
- Dinner buffet (used twice on formal nights) -- Food is diner quality. Overcooked and blah.
Princess' Bernini Dining Room:
- We signed up for 'anytime dining', which we believed to be similar to NCL Freestyle. Not many tables for 2 and we could only reserve one of those at 5:45p or 7:30p or take potluck. And only at one restaurant.
- Then there are the formal nights. There are no restaurants available for us 'non-formal' people and again we were not aware of this. How nice if we had shown up only to be turned away. Real gracious host. The buffet for us 2 nights out of 7. I don't remember getting a discount for that non-service.
- Vented our frustration about lack of dining options on formal nights to one of officers in the Passenger Services area. Never once was he gracious and apologized for any misunderstanding; he just was amazed how we could miss something so obvious.
- At the 'venting' also told him about the dirty fans by the Trident grill.
- Food is a little bit better than diner quality. Ingredient quality seems cheaper and uninspired. Did enjoy the seafood antipasto and desserts.
- Miss NCL's sushi restaurant & their marvelous French restaurant. (Princess has teeny complimentary sushi if you buy a glass of wine. Complimentary?)
- Noisy. Only one wine bar has a sea view.
- Wheelhouse bar -- good atmosphere, friendly waiters and bartenders who mixed a good Manhattan. Thought we finally had found a bright spot until we ate the cherry -- a hard unripe tasteless thing.
- Skywalkers bar at the stern: why doesn't the bar open before 10 p.m.?
- Clean, liked our steward. Felt he would do anything to make us happy. Great attitude.
- Liked the shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Prefer soap dispensers in the shower; spent too much time picking bar soap off the floor in that teeny tiny shower.
- Pillows are too squishy, flatten out. Never got a good night's sleep.
- I hate duvets, especially ones that are flat and heavy, not fluffy and light.
Princess General Ship Appearance and Crew:
- Ship needs TLC -- rusty spots, dirty carpets, carpet strips missing. Neptune pool area is just plain homely.
- Did a ship stroll Friday night; Trident Grill fans are still filthy.
- Crowded, noisy atrium.
- For the last 2 days our balcony never drained. Fun to watch the sloshing.
- Crew seems disorganized and not well managed. Saw one crew sneeze into their hands and then wipe them together. Nice.
Do like about Princess:
- Fresh fruit delivered daily.
- No smoking allowed on balconies or staterooms.
- Sandwiches and desserts at the International Cafe.
- Being able to bring a bottle of wine per person on initial embarkation day.
- Enjoyed the professional entertainment.
- We chose Princess for our Alaska trip to 'check out' Princess before our 30-day Princess trip from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. That mini-suite was cancelled and we will never sail on Princess. Less
Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>
We had the furthest balcony room aft. Quiet. No running children. Balcony did collect undrained water from other cabins. Plastic mats on floor hurt; bring flipflops.
Port and Shore Excursions
Never Again with NCL
7 day Cruise from Vancouver t...
Mom and Daughter Bonding Time!
Window Suite a Great Option; F...
First time with Princess; some...
Golden Princess Mar 2016
Cruising... you've got to love...