Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Wendy Katz: June 4th 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise

Celebrity Solstice 5
Wendy Katz
No Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

June 4th 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Our cruise on the Celebrity Solstice was by far the best cruise my husband and I have taken. The ship is gorgeous. Our suite was large with more than enough room to store the ridiculous amount of items we brought. Even though the ship had upwards of 2,000 passengers, I never felt crowded. There were more than enough chaises around the pool, seats at the shows, tables at the largest casino I have ever seen at sea and never a long wait for an elevator.

The staff made us feel special. Any time we were in need of a staff member, they were there in a NY minute. Having breakfast served every morning on the veranda by our butler, Dominick, was a fantasy come true. We always had a bowl of fresh fruit and fresh flowers in our room. Every day at 4:30 Dominick would deliver hor doerves, sandwiches, desserts to our room. This was wonderful as we chose the late dinner.

The food was excellent. The regular dining was special. I cannot think of one meal or item that was More disappointing. It was all great. We also dined at 2 specialty restaurants Murano's and Tuscan Grill. Those dinners were special and the service was spectacular.

The only thing I did not care for was the entertainment. When I first heard the performers who played the lounges and around the pool, I thought they were wonderful...but after Day 5, I was bored with the same acts over and over again. Also, I am not a Cirque de Soleil fan, and many of the shows featured that type of entertainment. The best performer on the ship was Mario (I cannot remember his last name, sorry Mario). Mario plays a mean guitar and has a wonderfully entertaining way with the audience. I could have watched him every night without getting bored. He performed at 2 of the shows.

I loved all the ports except Naples. This was my second time there and the second time I was robbed. Be aware. I was texting and my phone was ripped out of my hands by a thief who was sitting on the back of a scooter. He was able to make a quick get-away.To sum it up, the next time I book a cruise, it will be on Celebrity. I am their #1 Fan. Less

Published 06/24/12

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: CS1403 Celebrity Suite

Our cabin, 1403, is a suite with a wrap around veranda on the aft end of the ship. The room is spacious and comfortable. Wonderful bed, linens and pillows. There was plenty of room for all our belongings. I enjoyed my daily bubble bath in the large bathroom.

Read All Celebrity Suite (CS) Reviews >>
Wendy Katz
No Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X