Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by ripjerry95: Great cruise

Great cruise

Sail Date: June 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Sailed out of Port Canaveral on the Ecstasy to Nassau and Freeport. We stayed at the Radisson at the port the day before and day after.

This was our second time on Carnival and 4th cruise total. Our very first cruise was on the Imagination in 2009. I was a little nervous about the mixed reviews I had been reading about the Ecstasy but all was great.

Embarkation was smooth and took probably less 10 minutes. We were on the ship by noon time. This ship appears to have the same layout as the Imagination. The neon is not my thing but does not bother me. Areas seemed to be clean with cleaning going on constantly. For the time of year (school vacation) the public areas never seemed to be extremely crowded and we could always find a seat. The lines did move fairly quickly at the buffet or for dinner seating.

Cabin was good enough for us. We had an inside cabin and we are happy with that since we don't spend much time in it anyway. The room was clean and More our room steward was great and very friendly.

Nassau and Freeport are really nothing special and we didn't do any excursions or anything so I can't really comment about it. We did get off the ship at the ports for maybe a half hour and got right back on.

We were one of the last "zones" to be called to get off the ship and disembarkation was easy and we were in the shuttle to the hotel very quickly.

I prefer NCL but Carnival gave us just what we needed when we needed it and we are looking to sail on the newer ships in the near future. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>