Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Barb C

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 9B

Sixth cruise on Carnival Pride
As stated above, my husband and I have been on Carnival Pride six times. It's departure out of Baltimore is easy and efficient for us. We live outside of Philadelphia, and it's only a short drive. We have also taken Celebrity and RCCL out of Baltimore and we also leave out of Cape Liberty often.

This cruise was relaxing and fun but we did notice that the food has gone down a bit (in our humble opinion) They had hamburger (available everyday) and mac 'cheese, and meatloaf one night. Even David's Steak HOuse seemed to be a little less flavorful since we were last there in September of 2011. I was good but just a little downgraded from last yeat. They did however, have wonderful homemade peach icecream that is VERY notewothy. Just delicious. David's steakhouse went up to $35 this year.

DOn't get me wrong. We still enjoyed ourselves. The fish was good one night an our waiters Preto and Winston (both from India) were stellar. Efficient and fun. We looked forward to going to dinner each night to talk to our servers and the people around us. In July we will be back on Pride (on a different itinerary) so I will see if it was just a fluke, or us :)

Oh, and the room was HOT! My husband is on BP meds and he is always cold. He was even hot.....we asked to have them take a look and they left us a note telling us the temperature was within Carnival's acceptable temps. We've been in that room before and it was cool...not sure what that's about. I'm glad I brought my portable fan (though my husband and I fought over it haha)

In Cape Canaveral we went on an outside excursion to see the Manatees. It as wonderful! They sent a cab driver (who doesn't work for them but they like and trust him to take good care of their customers). The cab picked us up at the port, took us to the Banana River (about a 15 minute drive). Once here we boarded a small pontoon boat whose Captain took us to a great spot to see dolphins and manatees. This was a very relaxing excursion. we saw many manatees and dolphins and returned about 2 hours later. After that the same cab driver came back to pick us up. He took us to Cocoa Village, came back for us in 2 hours then took us to Ron Jon's. Mr. Amy is his name and his prices were very reasonable. We were shopping in Ron Jon's and a fellow was telling us that a cab company has bought all the rights to the cruise port. We didn't think anything of it until our Mr. Amy dropped us off and another couple (from the cruise ship) tried to get in his cab go off and explore. All of a sudden this woman came out of nowhere and started screaming at the couple to "get out of that cab!" When I say screaming, I mean screaming...a real scene. Apparently they have it so NOONE is allowed to get in a cab OTHER THAN THEIR YELLOW CAB! I think you can be dropped off but that's it! I didn't like that....seems to me you should be able to arrange your own transportation. Anyway, I think I may write a letter to the cruise company (Carnival) and also let that Yellow cab company know how their employees are acting.

Nassau was next. We always enjoy Nassau......Atlantis, dolphins, or a beach excursion and back early enough to shop a little. The new straw market is great and I always enjoy the stores too!

Freeport. We went into Lucaya and walked around the hotel and then took a swim in the ocean bought a few ankle bracelets and then walked to the Raddison pool and I got a good cup of coffee and a little shop (we all know that it doesn't matter what cruise line you are on, the coffee leaves ALOT to be desired) haha.

Well that's it. I will let you know how hour July 29 cruise goes.

Publication Date: 06/24/12