Norwegian Star Cruise Review by LaPrincesa

Norwegian Star
Norwegian Star
Member Name: LaPrincesa
Cruise Date: May 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

I cruised like a Norwegian - NY to Bermuda 5/27 - 6/3
I got to the pier at 9:00. By 11:45 I was on the ship. The check-in process went smoothly -- I was impressed. My luggage arrived in my room by 5:30.

I had a balcony cabin on deck number 9. The room was a little on the small side, but nicely designed. I found the space to be enough for a solo traveler but I think it would be tight for 2 people. I thought that it was odd that they had a tiny old 90s box TV. But I really didn't go on the cruise to watch TV.

My cabin steward (Jerry) introduced himself the first day and I can say that he did an outstanding job keeping my cabin tidy. On embarkation day I had lunch in Versailles restaurant. I ordered the NY strip steak and had the Vietnamese summer rolls as an appetizer. For lunch, I found the quality of the food in Versailles to be good. On the last night I ate at Versailles restaurant. I ordered the NY strip steak (again) and I am sorry to say it was awful. I dined at the specialty restaurants except "La Cucina" and "Moderno". I found the specialty restaurants to be more intimate.

I attended the Latitudes party and the Cruise Critic "Meet & Greet". Both were outstanding. At the M&G, there was a signup sheet for a bridge tour. I got to see the bridge on Friday afternoon -- it was awesome!

I only attended one show and that was "Band on the run" I really enjoyed the show. The singing and dancing were very good.

I purchased the spa pass and I am glad that I did. I spent a lot of time there. The spa did not have the thermal lounge chairs like the Jewel had. I was always able to get a lounge chair in the spa. I found that "the towel game" was being played a lot on the pool deck. I did find the "Quiet Zone" that was on deck 13. I was able to get a lounge chair there without any hassle. There was even a hot tub at this location. I did not see any children in this area.

It was great being in Bermuda for 3 days. On the 3rd day, we received a notice that there would be a disruption in public transportation due to a transit union meeting. On that day I just hung around the pier.

Once the ship arrived in NYC, I was able to walk off with my luggage at 7:45AM

So I truly did "cruise like a Norwegian"

~ La Princesa