Carnival Magic Cruise Review by sometime_cruiser: Carnival Magic is fantastic
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Magic is fantastic
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Recently, my family (4 kids, 2 adults)went on a 7-day cruise. It was not our first cruise but it was our first on the Carnival Magic. We had gone on the Oasis of the Sea and wanted to compare experience with the Magic.
Overall, most things on Magic were equal or better than the Oasis.
Food: Magic is better than Oasis.
- Dinner: We had dinners in the Main Dining Room every night.
My family had no complaint about dinners.
Dinner menus had enough varieties for 7 days. Beef dishes were delicious. Sea food dishes were pretty good. Deserts were pretty good.
Service staff was excellent and made sure we were happy.
Every night, the service staff took a short break to sing/dance; that was fun to watch.
- Lunch: We had lunch in Lido everyday, even after visiting the ports. Lido had a lot of varieties. Problem was if you wanted cook-to-order Mongolian grill or Burrito, then it could be a LONG wait. I endured 2 lunches with Mongolian grill and More never came back even though I really like it.
The hamburger kiosk near the pools also required longish wait.
The pizza kiosk was great with virtually no wait at all.
- Breakfast: We mostly had breakfast in Lido. Long wait for omelet after 9 am.
There was the Omelet kiosk next to the pool and it had waffle and french toast; and the wait was not too bad.
Shows: There was more live entertainment on Magic than Oasis.
- The main productions were slick, high quality. The live band was pretty good. On nights when the band only had 1 late show in the main show room, the band also played in the Ocean Plaza for people who like to dance.
- Every evening, in the 3rd floor lobby in front of the Northern Light dining room, there was a male/female singers who entertained guests for about 45 minutes. The male singer was also a pretty good keyboard player.
There was also impromtu dancing at the pool which attracted a lot of people in swim attires. Great to watch.
Cabins: Magic is equal to Oasis.
Cabins has more than enough storage space. Rooms were pretty quiet but some times we could hear next room's phone ringing !!!
We had cabins at the rear of the ship. The night we left Galveston, the ship had some motion that could be felt. The same thing happened the night we came back to Galveston. The other 5 nights, the ship motion was not felt or barely felt.
I don't know whether the sea current around the Galveston was strong or not but I didn't sleep well when the ship had a lot of back-and-forth motion.
I don't know if the cabins at mid or front of ship had as much motion as the rear.
The cabins and bathrooms were kept very clean as expected on any cruise ships.
Cabins had neutral smell; no odor at all.
Embarkation: Fast, smooth. No complain at all. Security line was fast. It took but less than 20 minutes to go from the security line, getting Sign & Sail card and individual photos ID taken, to Lido deck for lunch.
That was impressive.
Debarkation: We used the self-assist method. We went down to the 3rd floor lobby at the assigned time and waited along with other people.
Immigration check was also fast. Less
Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>
Port and Shore Excursions
City Trolley / Conch Train Tour
Not the best cruise with CC no...
Smooth sailing in spite of Hur...
All good from boarding to arri...