Norwegian Sky 5

cincele
Member Since 2012
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We took the Norwegian Sky for our anniversary. We had a balcony and slept like babies. Our favorite part of the cruise was sitting on the balcony, enjoying coffee, and watching the ocean go by. The cabin was nice-sized and cleaned twice a day with fresh ice. Loved the mini-bar. We could not have been happier with the cabin and the service.

We ate in the main dining room the first night and I do believe I had the worst steak I have ever eaten in a restaurant. It was thin and stringy and just gross. A gentleman at our table didn't even touch his. Consequently, we never went back to the dining room. We had dinner one evening at Le Bistro, the French restaurant and it was just fabulous. Every table has an ocean view and the food was simply perfect! Not an experience to be missed and I look forward to eating there again on future cruises. The buffet was fine, nothing special and nothing wrong. It was great to grab something quick and the dessert selections were great. More They do have a very odd set up at the buffet with the grill section in the middle of the buffet so it makes the whole setup slow and crowded. The room service is free and we enjoyed that although the selections are very limited.

We enjoyed the Norwegian white hot party, it was great fun. We went to watch karaoke and enjoyed ourselves and the show. The casino is attractive and we had a good time but lost our shirts! Our ports were great, the Bahamas is always gorgeous and fun. Getting on and off the ship was remarkably easy and they move all those people around so easily.

It was a wonderful weekend away, and not perfect, but what is? I was impressed with Norwegian and hope to sail with them many times in the future. Less

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Balcony

BA1027
We had balcony 1027 and loved it, especially the big round window next to the balcony door. We were able to shut the drapes at night and it blocked the light so completely, we slept in very late. The mini bar is a great asset and we emptied it and used it for our own stuff. The bed was perfect with very soft sheets and nice pillows. I had heard the showers were tiny, and I am not a small person, but I found it very adequate in size and everything was very clean. Not many drawers but plenty of closet space and lots of hangars. I could hear a very distant boom boom from music near the pool but it didn't bother us in the least. It is a cruise, after all. The service was impeccable with fresh ice and cleaning twice a day. It was a great cabin!

Published 06/21/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?